All reviews kids club crazy golf family suite swimming pool family break bar staff food was lovely leisure centre hen party easter break duty manager a lovely stay friday night staff were lovely tea coffee hot food bar area
Reviewed 22 June 2016

My Husband and I had our wedding reception here in December. The hotel seemed like the perfect location. Cora the wedding planner was great on the run up to the wedding however, it was a different wedding planner on the day. This lady was really lovely but would have been nice to deal with Cora as we had planned everything with her on the run up.
On the day the food was lovely, all of guests really enjoyed each course. Food came out hot and speedy to each table.
We stayed in the Bridal Suite for two nights. The room was absolutely amazing!! It was huge and really comfortable.
I would recommend the hotel for couples looking for a wedding venue. The food on the day was great and the little church is the perfect venue for a drinks reception.
My only negatives was we had asked for our 6 tiered cake to be cut up and what wasn't used to be re boxed for us. The day after the wedding none of the cake could be found. It obviously had been thrown out. I'm still devastated as I never even got to taste the cake, it cost a fortune and served 500 people and we only had 130 at the wedding so you can only imagine the amount of cake thrown out. We also had handmade special Christmas crackers designed, I asked the waiter to ensure mine and my husbands were kept for us.. this was also thrown out.

Overall, the hotel is a great wedding venue and a really nice hotel to stay in for a special occasion.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan O
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on 18th June and from start to finish our experience was amazing. The hotel is beautiful with friendly staff. Our room was so spacious and we were both amazed by the amount of space we had. The breakfast was very good aswell loads of choice and again staff were very helpful! Would definately recommend and stay here again was a great experience we only wished we stayed another night!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clairecarlin28
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We booked a deal in advance hoping we had done the right thing as the previous reviews were good. We had 2 rooms, one had a walk in shower for limited mobility. A do not like giving poor reviews but I feel I am being as helpful as I can be without saying it was horrible. Our room had a tobacco smell in it and the walk in shower had nowhere to place toiletries... these were placed on the cistern. The food was POOR ... the soup had a strange after taste and the steak sandwiches were cold as were the chips ... after complaining about both the meal was taken off our bill .... we did however check out the next day. The hotel took it on the chin and accepted our complaints and tried to do whatever was necessary to fix the issues but I had made up my mind to move on to another hotel. The Manager went out of their way to offer us a return visit which was complimentary .. this was to prove that our experience was certainly NOT usual .... we have accepted this and will try again later this year. I cannot give the hotel average because it was not ... However in trying to deal with our concerns I find I have to give them a lot of credit and not give them a terrible review as it was my choice to leave.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a view, but most rooms overlook something and have views of surrounding area.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I stayed at this hotel at the start of June 2016, and I was overwhelmed by all the staff, and how well they looked after me from the minute you walk right through the door. I couldn't ask for better, especially how the reception staff looked after my every need. Clarion Hotel soon to be the Clayton Hotel in Sligo is certainly worlds apart from other hotels in the area for their customer service.

Room Tip: Best views, and other awesome amenities
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank SligoPhilip
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Can't speak highly enough of the hotel and its staff. Got a complementary upgrade to a suite which suited my baby daughter as she had plenty of space to run about. Also paid for us to go to the local swimmers as their pool was out of order. Love Sligo as well, lovely bars for food and drink. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family