“Dinner”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 26
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Rosses Point Promenade the pub enjoys spectacular views over the islands Oyster and Coney. Local Chefs provide fresh, homemade, really tasty seasonal fare from the locality. The Pub has been in the Ewing family for five generations built by Fenton's Great Great Grandfather Thomas Ewing circa 1870. It boasts a spectacular quirky character, with tons of local maritime memrobelia on the walls. The highlights of the pub are the many large fish tanks and the historic well in the back bar giving the pub the nickname "The pub with the well". Casual dinnig with Reservations Recommended. Free Car Park.Free WI FI.
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We had dinner on Saturday nite. The place was buzzing. Great atmosphere. The sea food was superb and veggie option was also very good. We visited Harry' Bar before so it was nice to see a successful concept working

2  Thank jmbourke

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Spent a few days in Rossespoint it will take more than the beautiful scenery to bring me back. Bank holiday Monday and Harry's was closed!!! What, yes on one of the biggest holidays in the summer, and also closed on Tuesdays, and that's every week! I don't think Rossespoint wants tourists! Anyway I'm glad it was closed as we ate there on Thursday and it was terrible, even though there were very few people in the restaurant we waited 30 minutes on food. The supposed pad Thai noodles was just mush, pre cooked chicken on overdone supposed noodles , no peanuts two chillis scattered on top, and bunch of coriander thrown on top., and it was tasteless. They didn't charge for it which was something.
So so disappointing!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I wish I could write about the food I've eaten at Harrys Bar, but unfortunately I had none. My husband and I had no reservation so we asked if a table was available. We were told we had to wait 20 minutes, thus we decided to stay. We were left alone and after 45 minutes we were still waiting. I searched for the waitress and she told us we had to wait just 10 minutes more, however we could not order steak or salmon because they were sold out.
After another 15 minutes, still no sign of the waitress so we decided to leave.
I understand that we had no reservation, but you can not tell customers that they have to wait for 20 minutes and then leave them on their own for more than one hour.
We've been very disappointed.

3  Thank Paolo S
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

It is a beautiful old pub and restaurant. It does not open until 4 PM. It is advisable to book as it is popular. The food and service and service were excellent. The pub has traditional Irish Music on some nights.

5  Thank Aquinasduffy
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Food was very bland, basic pub menu
Service very poor. We were stuck In a corner and couldn't get waitress attention
Considered another drink. Couldnt get service
Finally asked for the bill as we decided not to spend any more money there
Waited too long again