1,300 results
All reviews leisure centre tennis courts superior room bar food restaurant manager lovely hotel dvd player family room bar staff enjoyable stay reception area both nights weekend break steam room bit dated hot food would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Sligo park hotel over Christmas and it was wonderful, especially the food and friendly staff. The facilities are wonderful and a great base to explore the coast. The rooms are also very spacious and clean.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and sharing your positive experience of the hotel with us. We really appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed celebrating Christmas at Sligo Park Hotel.

Happy New Year and we hope to see you again in 2018!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This was the most magical Christmas ever for myself and my family. It was our first time away for Christmas. The boys had an fabulous time loved meeting Santa. To all the Staff who went out of their way to make us like royalty. The room was so comfortable and clean. The food was fantastic which was served by well informed staff. They bent over backwards to faciltiate every request. Even setting the romantic atmosphere during dinner on St Stephens Day when I proposed to my girlfriend of 12 years, with her favourite song being played in the background. We will definitely be back next year. Thank You Sligo Park Hotel

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mikey,

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on your recent engagement. I'm delighted we were able to play a part in the preparations and that everything went so well for you both.

It's great to hear as well that your boys enjoyed meeting Santa and that you and your new Fiancée found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and the staff helpful.

We do hope that you'll be back again, perhaps to celebrate an anniversary!

Congratulations once again and Happy New Year!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Both my Brother (special needs adult it was more as a treat for him) and i stayed in this hotel on a 4 night package over the Christmas period 24th - 27th December. For me as some who works in a hotel myself, so i can apperciate the hard work that you all had to do over the Christrmas time.I
can say all the Staff were WONDERFUL. So a BIG THANK YOU to Reception Staff, Nightporters, Bar Staff, Restaurant Staff, Accommodation Staff, Kitchen staff. Check-in went ok, room fabulous.now when my brother went to lay on his bed it creek but we didn't real think of it untill every time he turn in the bed it creek.needlist to say i didn't get much sleep as everytime my Brother turn in bed i could hear ti creek and the phone was not working as i wanted to book aWake up call for the morning. In the Morning i mention this to receptionist (Sharon) and she gave us a room Change and this time no creek in the the beds and good nights sleeps. WELL DONE SLIGO PARK HOTEL

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John C
Bernadette_Coffey, General Manager at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear John and Pat,

I am delighted to receive your lovely comment and especially to read how much you enjoyed your Christmas break at Sligo Park Hotel as you both so deserve.

It's great to hear your kind comments on the hotel staff. I assure you this will be passed on to all concerned.

I am sorry that the bed on the first night was such an annoyance, but I’m really glad that you brought it to our attention and allowed us to remedy the situation for you.

If ever I can be of any help to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Gerard Moore

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Very enjoyable entertainment by the Fawlty Towers comedy team.Very accurate following the TV series.Actors very similar to original cast.The restaurant meal was not good value for money and many elderly diners were upset at eating too late by time soup was served two hours after arrival, and main course cold and much later!!The Apple pie desert was like a wooden door wedge too thick pastry!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret H
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Fawlty Towers entertainment. However I take your feedback regarding the meal very seriously. Service is timed to fit around the Fawlty Towers theme and in this regard the meal is part of the show, therefore the progress of the meal is unlike the normal service of a meal at Sligo Park Hotel.

I must apologise for the main course. It certainly shouldn't have been cold as the actors step back once main course service begins to ensure it is served efficiently. Deep filled apple pie by its nature has a thick pastry however we are always able to replace it with another option on request. I am sorry this wasn’t to your liking.

It is good that you have mentioned your concern - thank you, I don't expect the facilitators will be able to adapt the show significantly but I will double check with them that patrons are reminded on booking that the evening shouldn't be expected to proceed entirely smoothly.

I thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. I hope my reply has been of some help to you and I would be delighted to hear from you if ever you wish to discuss it with me in any further detail.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My husband and I travelled from Northern Ireland to Sligo for a family funeral and booked the Park at very short notice. A very sad occasion led to one of the best hotel experiences I have had in Ireland.
Despite not arriving until almost 9.00 pm, after a long journey in bad weather, we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome by staff at Reception. A request for a late dinner was granted immediately and we enjoyed a delicious dinner served by pleasant, well-informed Restaurant staff. The dining-room and bar environment is cheerful, modern and relaxed.
Our large Classic bedroom and bathroom were warm, bright, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Following an excellent breakfast, we asked staff at Reception to recommend a local taxi firm, so that other family members could be collected from the railway station. Staff took over the arrangements, leaving my husband and I free to go directly to the funeral.
I couldn't recommend this hotel and its staff highly enough. The friendliness of the staff, the standard of care, the quality of the accommodation and the value for money exceeded our expectations. Due to the sad circumstances, we didn't have an opportunity to experience the leisure facilities but we look forward to doing so on another occasion.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Eimear,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that we helped to make a difficult time a little easier for you. I hope that you will visit the hotel again on a happier occasion and have a chance to experience the Leisure Club which includes a 16 meter heated pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room and our muscle relaxing plunge pool. Thank you again and have a nice Christmas.
Kind Regards,