“Fawlty Towers dinner.”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Very enjoyable entertainment by the Fawlty Towers comedy team.Very accurate following the TV series.Actors very similar to original cast.The restaurant meal was not good value for money and many elderly diners were upset at eating too late by time soup was served two hours after arrival, and main course cold and much later!!The Apple pie desert was like a wooden door wedge too thick pastry!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret H
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Fawlty Towers entertainment. However I take your feedback regarding the meal very seriously. Service is timed to fit around the Fawlty Towers theme and in this regard the meal is part of the show, therefore the progress of the meal is unlike the normal service of a meal at Sligo Park Hotel.

I must apologise for the main course. It certainly shouldn't have been cold as the actors step back once main course service begins to ensure it is served efficiently. Deep filled apple pie by its nature has a thick pastry however we are always able to replace it with another option on request. I am sorry this wasn’t to your liking.

It is good that you have mentioned your concern - thank you, I don't expect the facilitators will be able to adapt the show significantly but I will double check with them that patrons are reminded on booking that the evening shouldn't be expected to proceed entirely smoothly.

I thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. I hope my reply has been of some help to you and I would be delighted to hear from you if ever you wish to discuss it with me in any further detail.

Kind regards

Bernadette Coffey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My husband and I travelled from Northern Ireland to Sligo for a family funeral and booked the Park at very short notice. A very sad occasion led to one of the best hotel experiences I have had in Ireland.
Despite not arriving until almost 9.00 pm, after a long journey in bad weather, we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome by staff at Reception. A request for a late dinner was granted immediately and we enjoyed a delicious dinner served by pleasant, well-informed Restaurant staff. The dining-room and bar environment is cheerful, modern and relaxed.
Our large Classic bedroom and bathroom were warm, bright, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Following an excellent breakfast, we asked staff at Reception to recommend a local taxi firm, so that other family members could be collected from the railway station. Staff took over the arrangements, leaving my husband and I free to go directly to the funeral.
I couldn't recommend this hotel and its staff highly enough. The friendliness of the staff, the standard of care, the quality of the accommodation and the value for money exceeded our expectations. Due to the sad circumstances, we didn't have an opportunity to experience the leisure facilities but we look forward to doing so on another occasion.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Eimear,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that we helped to make a difficult time a little easier for you. I hope that you will visit the hotel again on a happier occasion and have a chance to experience the Leisure Club which includes a 16 meter heated pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room and our muscle relaxing plunge pool. Thank you again and have a nice Christmas.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

The hotel hosted this event very well and staff and management took part. The actors from start to finish stay in character throughout the night. food was good . felt that it would an event I would go to again and invite more people with us as in numbers in your group isn't big enough you have to share and others may not enjoy the same kind of show .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us of the Faulty Towers event. It is always a really popular night in the hotel and we receive great feedback from our guests on food and entertainment. Hopefully you will join us again next year, and as you say, bring along some more friends.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The staff were friendly when checking in and out. The kitchen staff were exemplary. The food choice was broad which made my overall stay even better.
My bedroom was clean and tidy. Modern too. I would prefer a more modern bathroom but that didn't put a sour note on the hotel experience.
Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Jack,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed by our staff, the food and your bedroom. We have just recently undergone a refurb of our Bar and Lobby and are currently undertaking a refurb of our guest bedrooms. It is great to hear that you would recommend a friend to stay here also.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights on a bed, breakfast & evening meal deal, which was absolutely fantastic. Our room (325) was lovely with superb views of Benbulben. The staff in this hotel know exactly how to look after their guests. The bedrooms are cleaned daily, the food is fantastic and they know exactly how to cater for guests with special dietary requirements. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this hotel and they definitely go the extra mile. The leisure centre is great, I enjoyed the swimming pool immensely and my partner enjoyed the gym. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and we will definitely return in the future. I would also say I have stayed at other hotels in Sligo and this hotel is the best hotel by far.

Room Tip: We had room 325 and the view from the floor to ceiling windows of Benbulben was fantastic.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Elaine,
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and expect to stay here again in the future. We would be delighted to welcome you back in 2018. We love to hear positive feedback about our staff who work so hard to make our guests' stays as enjoyable as possible. The view of Benbulben really is breathtaking especially at this time of year. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.