“Delightful cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
James Tymon cottage.
Our simple to operate stove with unlimited turf supplied for your stay.
Living room with views over courtyard
Everything you require will be found in our well equipped kitchen.
Old hand made glass with shutters in our bathroom.
19th century wrought iron bed frame.
Looking for a good read? Try one of ours.
View from the landing towards the double doors leading to the front porch.
Relax in our courtyard.
Looking up river from river path.
Path at rear of haybarn.
Garden with views of outbuildings
Snow on stone.
Auyumn colour.
Main bedroom with double bed
Second bedroom with a double and a large (4') single beds.
Living room with satalite tv,books and games or why not relax in front of the fire with a glass of wine
Speckled light on path from Rookery.
Cartway leading through wrought iron gate to meadows beyond
Enjoy a walk on the river path
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dromara, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage ”
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I booked this cottage for myself, my husband and four year old daughter as we wanted a nice relaxing break in the country side and we were not disappointed. We stayed for one week. Kieran the owner was very helpful with the booking process and emailed detailed directions to the cottage. On arrival Kieran was there to great us and gave us a tour of the house and surrounding out buildings and grounds which were very impressive. The cottage itself was immaculately clean and was equipped with everything you could possibly need. Kieran had kindly provided a gorgeous apple pie, had a tray ready for tea and much to my daughters delight left a freshly baked gingerbread man for her. Much to my delight there was a chilled bottle of pinot grigio in the fridge as well as milk and a lovely bottle of fresh apple juice. As other reviews have mentioned the stove in the dining room and open fire place in the living room added to the charm of the cottage and an unlimited supply of turf was kindly provided. In terms of bedrooms they were beautifully decorated, had luxurious linens, and the mattresses were of very high quality. The bathroom was modern with a huge walk in shower and plenty of towels were provided. Board games, dvds and a great selection of books were in the cabinet in the living room for a rainy day. There was also satellite TV and a stereo in the dining room. Once again we would like to thank Kieran for making our holiday so enjoyable we will definitely be returning in the near future.

19 Aug 2016
I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your holiday at my cottage and that the house and grounds lived up to your expectations. It is important to me that guests enjoy their stay at James Tymon cottage.Thank you for your kind and detailed comments and I appreciate you taking the trouble to give my cottage such a wonderful review. I look forward to having you all back at the cottage in the near future.
grumpykat...
ireland
“A glorious,peaceful place to stay.”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband,daughter,grandson and I stayed at James Tymon Farmhouse in July for a week . It was one of the most relaxing ,glorious holidays we've had in a long time.
The house is very old but well maintained and beautifully decorated with a great supply of turf for the two fires.
We had a lovely welcome from Kieran the owner with a tray of tea,apple cake,a bottle of apple juice for our grandson and a huge cookie from the local deli,there was also a bottle of wine to go with our evening meal.
The house is surrounded by 30 acres of stunning countryside with the Owenmore river running through it were we could fish. We had long walks around the many well manicured paths adjoining the house. James Tymon's is also a perfect place for people who like to take their dogs with them on holiday,it is so pet friendly.
My family and I would certainly revisit this perfect,peaceful place again.

Travelling group: Other
2 Aug 2016
It was a great pleasure having you and your family stay at the cottage. I am delighted you found the house and grounds to your liking. The walks on the land particularly the river walk are enjoyed by lots of my guests. I very much enjoyed chatting to you while you were there.Thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a positive review and I hope someday you will return to a very warm welcome.
michael w
Providence, Rhode Island
“Excellent location, charming period structures in a very peaceful setting.”
Reviewed 16 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My Mom and I stayed for a lovely time in April. The location is great, with lovely grounds to explore. We had an unfortunate issue with heating system, and the owner did his very best to attend to the issue and our lack of heat.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2016
It was lovely to meet both of you and I am very pleased you enjoyed the cottage and grounds so much. Your understanding and patience with the central heating issue was really appreciated.Thank you for writing such a generous review and I very much look forward to having you both return again in the future.
DermottGa...
Derry, United Kingdom
“The Best”
Reviewed 17 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I have stayed in many excellent holiday cottages over the years in Ireland and Britain. This cottage is without a doubt the best. I wholeheartedly endorse all the other positive comments. The secret ingredient of course is Kieron. He gave us a real warm genuine welcome. A bottle of wine and apple cake awaited us. Two raging turf fires to sit by and relax. Everything and more was provided. To say Kieron went the extra mile would be an understatement. The cottage is secluded and stands by the Owenmore River. Truly beautiful. Far enough from Gurteen to be pleasantly quiet but close enough for a pint or two. Thank you Kieron for the use of your lovely cottage which we hope to return again.
Grace, Margaret and Dermot

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
19 Apr 2016
Hi Grace,Margaret and Dermot,
It was a great pleasure having you at the cottage and I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay. As you say the village is only a short walk away which makes a visit to the pub an easy decision.Thank you for taking so much trouble before leaving. It's very much appreciated.I hope one day you will return and you are assured of a very warm welcome. Best wishes for the summer.
Hannah458...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Idillic”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Lovely little cottage, well equipped, clean, homely! Gorgeous open fires, lovely touch to give the apple pie and wine and milk in the fridge ready for us. If you're considering it - do it!
ONLY downside is no wifi.
Other than that PERFECT.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
13 Jan 2016
Delighted you enjoyed your break at my cottage despite arriving on a cold January day and that you liked the cottage itself I have to agree with you. A blazing open fire in the living room and a hearty fire in my Astor Martin stove really makes the cottage so cosy and inviting.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.
By the way I hope to have some form of WIFI at the cottage in the near future.
I hope you both can make a return visit where you are assured of a warm welcome.
All the best for now.
Kieran.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing