“Never fails to impress.......”
Review of The Silver Apple - CLOSED

The Silver Apple
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My partner and I returned to tThe Silver Apple for the fourth time and once again had a wonderful meal!
I am so surprised at the negative reviews as the waitress could not do enough for us and the food that was served was absolutely beautiful and amazing value for money.
I really think that the negative reviewers must have got the wrong restaurant as they could not be talking about The Silver Apple that we have eaten in!!
I promise you will not be dissappointed........

Reviewed 12 February 2012

few time for quick lunch ok if you in a hurry. staff lovely

Reviewed 13 January 2012

One of nicest places to eat in Sligo. Good choice of wines and reasonable prices. Set menu is great value. Booths are nice and intimate. Really enjoyed the meal and the chatty service made for a warm atmosphere. Also, some nicely selected music as well gives a relaxed vibe (especially the Feist).

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I recently visited the Silver Apple. I was visiting with friends so we did our reasearch before arriving in Sligo and choosing the restaurant , and were not disappointed. We arrived late and were greeted by friendly faces and no attitude. Even though we hadn't booked for the Christmas menu, we were told by the lovely waitresses that it would be no problem to have it. The menu was extravagant, comparing it to the usual Irish cuisine, and as i have traveled a lot and have a real taste for cultured food, was not disappointed with the outcome. For my starter i had the most ADDICTIVE pate, and following it the duck confit which was cooked to perfection and beautifully garnished. I had to skip the dessert, because the first two courses were so filling, and fully portioned! Our waitresses, Rebecca and Christina were sublime. We dealt mostly with Rebecca, and she never failed to make sure we were completely satisfied and that there was nothing else she could get us. On top of that, the two were the quickest girls I've ever experienced and made us feel like we were completely at home. We felt like princesses. I'd like to thank the silver apple for making our stay so enjoyable!

1  Thank renee2009
Reviewed 8 November 2011

After reading the reviews below we were really looking forward to good food and great service but our hopes were dashed. On arrival the waitress took our coats and was pleasant. I asked for some breads and dips while we decided on the menu and she was happy to accomodate. While struggling to find something on the menu our waitress changed to another and then changed back. This meant being asked if we were ready to order 3 times within a minute. My wife went for the grilled goats cheese starter and thats exactly what is was. It was a plate full of mixed salad with a cut of goats cheese in the middle, no presentation skill & strong goats cheese that didn't blend well with the lettuce and tomato. I went for the sea food chowder which was tastless and weak although it had plenty of sea food it needed seasoning.

For mains my wife coundn't decide off the main menu and went for the pasta dish on the early bird, realising it was a vegiterian options she asked for chicken to be added which was supplied. I went for the chicken on the bone option. The chicken was cooked ok but again lack of seasoning, poor watery sauce and diced roastie potatoes made this Sunday Night Evening meal into a sunday afternoon roast chicken. I had never sent a meal back and I still couldn't on this occasion just not finishing half of the meal. It was bland and not what was described on the menu. The waitress said that she would like to take my comments on board and relayed them to the chef

The pasta dish on the other hand was pleasant. The chicken cuts in the pasta were nicer than my chicken dish.

Not happy with the meal we skipped dessert. On paying I noticed that the price was more than reasonable. I thought the chef had comp'ed my meal but it was just the wine wasn't added. I pointed this out to the waitress to which she added it to the bill. The waitress said that she told the chef. The chef explained to her that the dish was served 4 other times that day with no complaints and so she couldn't do anything.

We should have listened to the taxi driver on the way there as he had said that he wasn't a fan as he had been a few weeks previous.