“Who Knew that Sligo Would Have the BEST French Restaurant?”
Review of Montmartre

Montmartre
Ranked #16 of 136 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Tonight I had the incredible privilege of eating at Mont Martre for dinner. A delightful staff was a great prelude to a wonderful meal. When visiting Sligo, this restaurant is NOT to be missed. It is French, yes, but with wonderful Irish fresh ingredients! A perfect match! This is what fine dining is designed to mean. Enjoy this place, often!

14  Thank dennisrkilpatrick

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Having to spend a night in Sligo on a business trip, I did not have high hopes of finding a gourmet French restaurant, but pleasant surprises do occur, and sometimes in the most unexpected locations one finds fine dining "just down the road." The restaurant ticked all the boxes, with hot smoked salmon, grilled black sole and creme brulee. The one problem was a lower temperature in the restaurant than one would wish on a wet September evening.

14  Thank WayfarerMilngavie
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Montmartre and it was a lovely visit on a wet summers evening in Sligo. We were warmly welcomed, the staff are attentive and very good. We loved our food. I had monkfish and my friend had lamb, both were delicious. High standards here and good value for money

15  Thank Mirtha
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Ate here as a group of six recently and everyone really enjoyed the food, service and pace. Several steaks delivered exactly as requested. Black sole was just perfect. Great wine list with good value to be had from each French wine region. Looking forward to a return visit.

15  Thank MandM59_10
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

4 dining, arrive at 8 & not got to our sweet by 10:15. Now there is relaxed, but there is also being ignored & that is how we felt at times. If they were pushed for staff, someone off sick perhaps, then mention it & you as a customer can give you some slack.
Food though, excellent, I had 'hot smoked salmon' which was lovely, full of dill, soft herbs & a smashing sauce. Sadly the crab special had run out (we were early in, ran out very early!?), but the seafood assiette as a replacement was scrummy.
Mains - recommend the rack of lamb, cooked pink, great tasting jus, worked well. However I was just a little bit 'miffed' that the waiter 'told' me I wouldn't want any additional veg, well sorry, yes I did & it wasn't till I had my meal that I realised his guidance was incorrect. Still, never mind, I still enjoyed what I had.
Sweet - boom!, one of the best creme brûlée I have ever tasted!

3  Thank rtbishreck