All reviews steak tavern bar central location charming hotel family meal bar food monaghan town centre of town caesar salad carvery lunch lovely food lovely staff saturday night great night first class well worth a visit course meal
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Went here last week for lunch. Havent been in it before and very happy to have found it. Varied menu and very helpful and friendly staff. Lovely décor too. Very busy but no rush. Will definitely visit again

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I have lunched here semi regular as I drive for 2 hours to get here but it is worth it. To day {good Friday} we shared a beautiful crispy cod chips nd cabbage. A dessert of mousse like cheese cake, and service as if we were the only customers there. Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for lunch on our way home from Cavan. The bar was very busy for food which was a good sign but we had to wait for over 30 minutes for two sandwiches. We ordered two chicken sandwiches but got ham instead. When it did come the food was excellent but the wait spoiled our lunch.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brendan R
Reviewed 22 March 2016

We were there to attend a funeral nearby and needed to use the hotel as a family base. We were staying across 3 sets of rooms, some family some twins and doubles. on checking in, it was a late, busy friday evening, but the reception staff could not have done more to help us get settled in.

Our rooms were lean, quiet and had everything we needed.

Breakfast is a small buffet to begin with, and then a freshly ordered bespoke cooked breakfast. No request too small, and the tea was free flowing!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Ive never stayed here but I would regularly go for bar food and I have yet to be disappointed. The 10ounce steak is my favourite, its always cooked to perfection. Only downside is that if you are ever waiting longer than you should on food they will never apologise.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends