“Wonderful Stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Eaglewood Lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen/dining room
Master bedroom
One of our new glamping pods Sleeps 2 -3
Moher lake four miles away with Croagh Patrick in the background
Traditional music session Matt Molloys pub
Quite backrods for cycling
Autumn colours
Gaelic Football Final Mayo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
JFG121
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I was lucky enough to stay at the beautiful Eaglewood lodge for my birthday at the end of February with thirteen of my friends. The setting of eaglewood lodge is perfect to watch the sun rising over the mountains from the comfort of the beautiful living room.
The kitchen diner is a lovely open space and is so well equipped and the extra utility room was very useful with the extra fridge and plenty of space. It was a pleasure to cook in for all my friends.I booked a wine tasting for the evening which was Fantastic and all my friends really enjoyed it.
The rooms are all well thought out with lovely big bedrooms plenty of showers and a lovely roll top bath.

Eaglewood lodge is perfectly situated to tour around the beautiful West of Ireland with Westport and leenan on the doorstep.

Micheal the owner was so helpful having put a fire on in the wood stove when I arrived to sorting out a minibus taxi to take us into Westport for our night out.

Eaglewood lodge is just such a sociable house, sitting with all my fiends for dinner in eaglewood lodge is something I will always look back on and smile and I hope I'm lucky enough to go back one day.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
9 Mar 2016
Thank you very much Jennifer it was great having you stay and hopefully see you again soon.
Regards
Michael
WeddingSh...
Ireland
“Wonderfull Hen Party Location ”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Wonderfull lodge just outside westport.
Michael Couldn't be more helpful or friendly, picked our party up and took us into westport and picked us up after our night out.
House easily accommodated 16 of us though you could have had more staying as there were spare beds and a mini cabin out the back.

Wifi, Oven, iron/press, fridge freezer, washer, dryer, hair dryers, dishwasher, 2 living areas. Televisions, jukebox, fire, large dining table for everyone to enjoy breakfast together.

Beautifully views, rocking chair out on the decking area,

Will defo come back with family and friends some summer as such a beautifull spot.

Judith M
“Hen Party”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Thank you so much Michael for making us feel so welcome to Westport. Eaglewood Lodge is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed in. Would recommend it to everyone. I will definitely be back again. A lovely treat!!!!

Andrea F
“Amazing cabin for group getaway!”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

My family and I (4 couples) spent this New Year's Eve celebrating at Michael's cabin in Westport and I can say that is was one of our best NYE celebrations to date! I would highly recommend the cabin, it's stunning: warm and welcoming; decorated to a high standard,well equipped and perfect for a group getaway. The location is great too, not a long drive to Westport town and close to many scenic views. Michael is very helpful with anything we needed. Would highly recommend even if I'd like to keep thus little gem a secret! Book and enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warm welcoming atmosphere and space of the cabin
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Karen H
Galway, Ireland
“Perfection at its best”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

My sister wanted a hen party with a difference, something relaxed and casual yet fun. The Lodge looked good on its website so we booked it. When we arrived at The lodge we were left speechless as to just how beautiful and perfect it was. The decor both inside and out is spectacular, the workmanship is magnificent. The lodge was absolutely everything we we had wished for clean, spacious, warm and cosy. I had arranged for caterers to provide the food for us at The Lodge and Trisha from The creel was fantastic and the food delicious. The Lodge had enough delph, cutlery and glasses for all 22 guests. The pod situated at the back of the house was ideal for our two guests who hand an early start in the morning.

After dinner some took advantage of the cosy couches in front of the stove while listening to the juke box and others opted to sit outside on the picnic benches taking in the picturesque views, all before getting glamed up for a night on the town. To make everything even more perfect Michael has a 14 sweater mini bus so he dropped us into town and picked us up after the club which meant we didn't have to que for a taxi, a big bonus for us ladies after a night of dancing.

The house had absolutely everything we would have needed for dishing up dinner to cooking the breakfast, there is ample space I'm the two fridges provided, a freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, dryer, showers, bath, stove, TV, DVD player, CDs player, juke box, BBQ, swings, slide, wifi and all linen is supplied. Basically we were staying In a hotel.

I have recommended this house to everyone I have met since. It is perfection at its best.

Eaglewood Lodge is most certainly a little treasure nicely situated in an idyllic setting 16km outside Westport, perfect for our ladies weekend and certainly perfect for a family getaway. I'll be checking in with Michael in the near future and booking a weekend away for the family, we may even book one of Michael's guided walking tours.

For your getaway with a difference this place is for you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire experience was top class
Liked least: I loved it all
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing