“Convenient accomodation in Castlebar.”

Lough Lannagh Holiday Village
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Castlebar
Co Fermanagh,
“Convenient accomodation in Castlebar.”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We booked this place last minute as we were attending a show in town and the main hotels were full. It seems to be more geared for activity or family holidays rather than as a straightforward guest house so was not the height of luxury but it was perfect for our needs. All the staff we met were extremely helpful and friendly, I liked the double/twin/triple options in the bedroom and the breakfast was freshly cooked and tasty.

5 minutes walk brought us to town. I would certainly consider this for my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dublin
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Back from a one night stay with a youth group of 30 people. Found all facilities excellent, staff very helpful even with last minute changes. A great experience all round.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I found out about Lough Lannagh by chance, when looking for accomadation neard the Theatre Royal in Castlebar. Lough Lannagh was a real find, literally 5 minute walk from the Theatre Royal and Castlebar town centre.

The room was clean and functional with everything you need provided, they also have a residents kitchen were you can store or prepare food.

The rate we paid included a breakfast, we decided to go for the full Irish breakfast. The serving was very generous, hot and tasty with as much juice and toast as you could want.

The staff were consistently friendly and helpful. Overall I would have to say Lough Lannagh was as good as some 4 star hotels I have stayed in. I would definite stay again and recommend it friends and family

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Just back from a 2 night stay in Lough Lannagh with a group. We had a great time. The venue is great for a stay with a large group. The staff was amazing. They were very friendly, helpful and hard working. Felt very comfortable staying here. I appreciated the access to the residence kitchen; it proved to be very useful. It was great to have access to wifi and that hairdryers were provided in the room. We loved the location as it is in walking distance to the town center.

I would recommend that if possible, to reinstall the drinks vending machine. It is possible however that it was just knocked off by accident. Over all loved staying here and if I was returning to the area I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MSAZ21
kildare
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I booked a room in this hotel at about 16:00pm for an employee to stay in the same night.(last night 13.10.2011) I received a call from said employee at 18:50 to say he is standing outside the "hotel" but the doors are locked and nobody is answering the phone.
I finally got an answer on the phone at 19:30 and was told that if I had read the small print, I would have seen that check in was 4pm-6pm. There was no offer to make an allowance for somebody who had been standing outside their hotel, no question of where my employee was going to sleep, and no suggestions as to where he should go.
This is not a hotel.
In 2011 I cannot believe this happens. I don't wish any bad to the people who own this hotel , but they've got serious issues to iron out.
Subsequently, my employee booked himself into a nearby hotel of a far higher standard for €55, as opposed to the €40 that the Lough Lannagh HOSTEL was charging.

Room Tip: Beware of check in hours!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank stephenmaher
LoughLannagh, General Manager at Lough Lannagh Holiday Village, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear Mr Maher,

First of all thank you for your feedback which we received via Tripadvisor. We do make use of all constructive comments received, good or bad. Thankfully the vast majority of our guest experiences here are positive and reflect in their comments made directly to us or online.

I apologise most sincerely that we did not handle your booking better. What you experienced should not have happened, has never, to my knowledge, ever happened before and will not happen again.

Every property has terms and conditions of booking. I am quite sure that your business operates terms and conditions too. One of ours is that check in time is between 4 and 6pm. It is quite clear on booking.com, on our website and on the guest confirmation document. It is not in small print, it is in the body of the document in the same letter size as the other details.

The check-in time specified is there purely to allow us manage our reception opening times. It is very common in the accommodation sector to specify times for check in. We could adhere to it strictly in theory but, quite often guests use the ‘booker remarks’ facility when booking on-line to request a later or earlier check-in time. In practice the time is flexible. Our standard procedure would be that at 6.30pm you would have received a courtesy call asking for your expected time of arrival. At that point you would have told us 6.50pm 7.50pm, 8.50pm for example and we would have planned accordingly.

A mistake can happen and in your situation it did. We failed to retrieve your booking and so were not aware that your employee was coming. As we apparently had no bookings that evening we closed up the building including light, heating and the breakfast kitchen which made us unable to take any new bookings for the night. This normally is a sensible course of action to avoid waste but we should have had a better system in place to deal with your unexpected arrival. Next morning we put the necessary steps in place to deal with any future situation like that.

At the time we felt that you did not seem overly concerned at the situation, only that there would be not a charge made to your credit card. Clearly we were mistaken and the tone of your review reflects that.

My apologies once again that we did not handle the situation better at the time and my assurances to all who are concerned about early or late check in that it will not happen again.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Lennon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
0.6 km away
15.1 km away
The Wyatt Hotel
The Wyatt Hotel
#4 of 14 in Westport

Been to Lough Lannagh Holiday Village? Share your experiences!