“Night out”

Chanco
Ranked #62 of 131 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A large Restaurant which is well turned out!! The menu is either ala-carte, set menus with a range of options or all-you-can-eat-buffett!! We had the latter when we found out that unlike so many Buffets you are presented with a menu of options here and everything is cooked to order! Do not be misled by the waiter, as we were, that the dishes are "not that big" - they aren't that small either. Order a couple and then add as you go rather than cover the table with food as we did!! It's good food and the place is nice - recommended!!
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Went there last week, the only ones in restaurant, food was fabulous
Staff very friendly
Excellent value for money

1  Thank LizDoyle1

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Went here with my partner for some nice Chinese food after recommendation. Well firstly we went into the restaurant which had lovely interior but was absolutely freezing cold. I ordered a chicken curry which when came out was no more a chicken curry than the man on the moon. It was frozen solid. I said it to the waiter who didn't care and said they were too busy as they had to take a Mr Whippee. I was disgusted at this. I then went into the toilet and there was a slammer in the sink which was obviously the Mr Whippee which was mentioned to me earlier. I said it to the waiter and she apologised but when the bill came out they had a Mr Whippee charged on the bill at 6.99 which I thought was a joke but they were dead serious. The bill had skiddys on it so I through me money at the manager who laughed and don't care. The money was on the floor. The manager crouched down and picked the money up with his hoop which had a face painted on it which was laughing. I felt jeered as I left the restaurant. Overall won't be returning. Visit September 2016

2  Thank EoinD79
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I found this restaurant very cold and when i asked why the lady said it was because they had just put on the heating, Food was good and enjoyed

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

We popped in for a bite to eat, we where the only two customers and it was rather cold, i had an issue with one of the dishes I ordered even the waitress commented on the dish,the chef said he would only charge half price for the dish eventually he came out and apologised for the dish and said there would be no charge for it, the rest of the food was fine and the waitress was extremely helpful.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Love it, Food is fabulous and very reasonable.. It's a pity about parking, staff are very friendly, step in restaurant needs to be lite up more