“Absolutely delish! ”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This is a gorgeous and very different restaurant. It's underground with different sections but all beautifully and very carefully decorated finishings.
The only fault I can suggest is that the service seemed a little pressured, and might benefit in some staff bonding opportunities. They would have looked very well a little more at ease. Other than that, the food and overall experience was brilliant! We weren't pestered during our meal, and we helped out easily if we needed it.
We had a combo platter between 2, and two spicy chicken nachos for starters, followed by two t-bones, a fish and chips, and I had the mushroom chicken mushroom with a side of pepper sauce. With our meals we had two sides of mash and one of a baked potatoe. Couldn't fault it, at all! We didn't ever have to wait too long for our food and it was all very smooth, happy out. Two of us had two pints of heiniken which I feel may be a little pricey, and the other two shared a bottle of house white which was really lovely. Complimented the food very very well. For dessert two of us had Bailey's cheesecake- (lovely, but I would have loved a little more of a biscuit base!) and a sticky toffee pudding which looked gorgeous. The waiter didn't seem to know what a calipso coffee was, and must have misheard when it was explained. The replacement was brought down and corrected promptly, but without an apology.

Overall I loved the meal. It was delicious and a little pricey, but very very worth it. Definitely would recommend to anybody looking for a proper feed, but wouldn't advise those on a tight budget.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Why this place is rated so high il never understand. From the moment you arrive with a booking and are just told to sit in the corner until a rushed and rude maitre' d sits you and just leaves the menus on the table unopened. The food is dreadful. Nachos covered in a tasteless sauce and cheese and potato skins stuffed with an equally tasteless pile of muck. Had a steak for main course which came covered in sauce. The steak itself was chewy and overlooked and very grisly. Ordered drinks and they took 20 mins to arrive. Never again and would never advise anyone to go there

1  Thank hotelier1975
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Having eaten here several times in the past, we ate here again recently and again the food was excellent, the staff are excellent and it is very good value for money as the portions are quite large. There is a huge selection of dishes on the menu - I had chicken and vegetable soup to start (with a large serving of brown soda bread and butter) and had the two-cheese-burger for the main course and it was fabulous - on previous visits I've had steak and chicken dishes, and I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are anywhere near Limerick. It is a hidden gem. There is a very nice atmosphere as it's in a basement/cellar off O'Connell Street and there is a American/Western Theme with American Country Music playing softly in the background. Even though it seemed really busy when we arrived (without a reservation) we were seated quickly and had our food in no time - the service was excellent.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

During our recent trip to Ireland, we found this little gem. The food was outstanding and well above expectations. My wife loved the burrito, my daughter enjoyed the fajitas, and I was impressed with the curry chicken. I just wished I would have tried a steak here as it most likely would have be brilliant! Our waiter was hysterical trying to understand our american requests. I asked for a cold mug for my beer and he did exactly that...a coffee mug! Obviously, I wanted a cold pint glass, but anyway it was funny for both of us. Overall, great establishment and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice meal at the Texas Steakout while we were in Limerick on vacation. Even though we were a larger group (9) we were seated quickly and were served drinks soon after. The servers were friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our meals. Nice wine and drinks selection. The burgers were delicious. It is a fairly large restaurant with a nice western decor.