“Best driver ever!”

Executive Hire - Private Day Tours Ireland
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Limerick
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a range of Private Day Tours for couples, families and small groups to the most beautiful parts of Ireland from Shannon Airport,Limerick, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Galway to name but a few. These tours are designed to be highly personable giving each guest a unique Irish experience all in one day. One that we are very proud of.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We just completed our 6 day tour with Pat as our driver and had a wonderful time. From his local stories to his restaurant recommendations we enjoyed every minute of our tour.
Since we didn’t have any must dos as we toured the country, I gave Mike a general itinerary, and he planned all the details. Pat tweaked the plans daily, depending on the weather (which was typically lousy) and our desires, hunger level and need for a cappuccino.
Not being on the clock was great, and whenever we were done with an attraction, Pat was there waiting in the best Parking space. This was a great way to see a beautiful country and feel like you had an old friend to guide you.

2  Thank Pioneer616875
Executive_Hire, Owner at Executive Hire - Private Day Tours Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hello and thank you for the fantastic review, it's much appreciated.
Apologies for the delay in responding, I'm happy to say we've been very busy!
I'm delighted to know you had a wonderful time and that Pat was his usual friendly self, he's a great tour guide. Unfortunately the weather you experienced is typical Irish rain and you were a little early for unusual heatwave we've had recently. We hope to see you again in Ireland during finer weather.
Many thanks.

"good bye"
"calling ahead"
"multi city"

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I can’t say enough good things about Mike, Siobhán and our driver Peter! From start to finish our trip was professionally planned, communicated and then executed. My wife and I, my father, and my wife’s parents spent 4 days touring the Southern 1/2 of Ireland in a beautiful and comfortable van in 2016. We gave them a list of our “must see” items and they made it happen it the most perfect way! They communicated well throughout the process and made good suggestions every step of the way. The greatest part about a private tour is the freedom it gives you to make changes as you wish. Sometimes we stayed longer than planned and sometimes we just stopped for a photo if it didn’t seem worth the time or entry fee. Also, one of the great unexpected benefits was our guide Peter knew just where to take us for a perfect lunch off the beaten path. Also, before turning in for the evening, Peter always made sure our dinner plans were in place. That, along with breakfast included with our hotels and we didn’t have to think about a single meal! I didn’t know it, but it takes a lot of stress from a group of travelers when meals are taken out of the equation. Especially when every meal seemed to be the perfect choice.

We loved our experience with Executive Hire so much we have booked another trip for 2018! This time we’ve increased our group from 5 to 8. As the organizer of the trip, I can tell you it’s a great feeling knowing that our trip is in good hands and I can be confident that everyone will be 100% happy! Finally, all this comes at a price right? Yes, a fair price!! If you take the time to compare it to group tours you’ll see it’s competitive. And to me, if you factor in the advantages of a private tour, it’s a better value. Compared to a self driven tour it’s more expensive but still a better value. We’ll only have so many days to spend in this most charming country. I prefer to make the most out of all of them!

2  Thank Brad W
Executive_Hire, Owner at Executive Hire - Private Day Tours Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hello Brad and family, greetings from Ireland!

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It's hard to believe it was 2016 since you were all here last! We are genuinely looking forward to seeing you all again and intend to make this as memorable as your last trip (and welcome the new faces to Ireland). See you soon! Take care.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

nicely dressed and got my bags....followed the course of my journey which was not without issue...very nice and easy to deal with....would use them again and tell others to do the same!

1  Thank 66travelor

Hello and greetings from Ireland!

Thank you very much for this kind review. It was our pleasure to assist you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We just got home after being in Ireland for 7 days with Pat as our tour guide and I don't think I can give him enough praise. It's a bit rough traveling from the US to Ireland since when you get there your normally asleep and they are just getting started with their day. When Pat picked us up at the airport I think I was hoping to find a bed kind of soon and he had other plans for us. I'm glad he did. We were able to see so much and started our trip out right. He walked us to the entry of every point of interest, gave us some pointers, and told us to take our time. We were able to thoroughly enjoy every single place we went and all the time in between.

Everyone told us "don't go to Ireland in the winter". I have absolutely no idea why. We had ONE spot rain a little too much for us to feel like getting out and exploring. That was it. It's a slow time for tourist so you have most of the beautiful sites in Ireland to yourself. I strongly suggest you take a "will do" attitude with you and a waterproof jacket. We were warm enough in a couple layers (usually a tank top under a flannel shirt was fine) and a medium weight jacket the entire time. There is plenty of walking and if your physically not into climbing flight after flight of stairs or up hillsides you probably need to discuss that with the owner, Mike, so he can better tailor the trip to your abilities. We sure got a work out on some days. We literally fell into bed each night after our day of touring.

Ask your guide where to eat. The pubs are the best! We stayed at Adare Manor and Dromoland Castle for all of our trip except arrival and departure nights we stayed in Dublin. You get a "full Irish breakfast" each morning and I promise you won't go hungry. Pat picked us up on our schedule so we were never rushed and it was obvious to us that where we stayed knew and liked our tour company. We ate one night in the castle and the rest of the time we ventured into the nearby towns and ate at the local pubs. Unless you just need to sit down at a fancy restaurant- save your cash and get to know Ireland a bit better. Nothing is better then a cold pint of cider and the special of the day after you've been out in the damp climbing around seeing the countryside. Ask your guide where to go, food is plentiful and good all over Ireland.

There is a downside to going in the winter and that is some things are closed. We were blessed with a wonderful guide who arranged an unplanned outing for us- the Gap of Dunloe by horse cart and then a ride back in a boat over the lakes. Seriously the most beautiful scenery you will ever see and you we didn't miss out because we were off season thanks very much to Pat. It was a bit wet and a bit cold and we thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the effort he put into the surprise of seeing this.

I will leave you with this is the best way to see Ireland. You don't have to worry about driving so you can enjoy the beauty you traveled so far to see. Pat was a wonderful host and we hope to return again to see more of Ireland with him. Yes its more then a tour bus, yes its more then doing it yourself, but you will not regret your time or money spent because they help you make the most of your trip. We have memories to last a life time and a new friend we shared them with.

Hello Crystal, greetings from Ireland!

Many, many thanks for this amazing review and apologies for the delay responding. I'm so happy you pushed through the jet lag and saw as much of Ireland as possible. You're now a specialist on the Irish climate and your clothing recommendations are exactly what we would suggest! Pat also says hello and sends his very best wishes to you. He anticipates and looks forward to your return trip to Ireland, he will have a cool glass of cider waiting for you in the pub! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is a long overdue review. My family took a 10 day trip to Ireland in June 2017 to celebrate my Mother's 80th birthday. I reached out to a few highly rated tour operators (that I found on Trip Advisor) in the Fall of 2016 and Mike Ryan was by far, the most responsive. I was a bit weary at first (having never booked a vacation this way before) but Mike quickly gained my confidence. I expressed my desire to do the southern half of Ireland (starting in Shannon and ending in Dublin - or the reverse) with a private car/driver guide and that I wanted to incorporate luxury Castle hotels in my stay. Mike was great to work with and after a bit of back and forth, the itinerary was quickly put in place.

Our driver/guide was Adrian Hopkins ("Hoppy") and he was fantastic. He has a great personality and he fussed over my Mother and sisters throughout the trip to make them feel special. He looked after us the entire time and made the trip entirely stress free. He also went out of his way to stop at unscheduled places to further enhance our trip. I couldn't have been more pleased and my Mother's 80th Birthday celebration was truly memorable. We all recently gathered for Christmas and we were all still talking about it and laughing about our fun shared experience. That is what reminded me that I was overdue in writing this review. Mike, Hoppy and Executive Hire were wonderful to work with. I highly recommend them.

2  Thank Ray212

Greetings from Ireland!

I hope you are all well and apologies for the delayed response. Thank you so much for this fantastic review. I'm so happy your Mother's birthday was such a memorable event and it was an absolute pleasure to help you organise this. Hoppy ( also known as ''Happy Hoppy'') sends his warmest regards to you all, he truly enjoyed meeting you and escorting you throughout your tour. The knowledge that you all were still sharing memories of your trip over the holidays is really wonderful to hear. We hope to see you all again some day. Take care.