“Basically ok, easy to improve some small things.”

Great National South Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Good points: spotless room. Mostly friendly staff. Location close to hospital, Raheen Industrial Estate, and the Motorway exit. Great parking which is free. Decent buffet breakfast. Really low price, €59 for B&B.
Disappointed with my meal in the Boru Bar (no dining room). It was served after an inordinate wait. It was luke-warm, and it was undercooked. I was so tired and hungry I still ate it. The barman who served it had poor people skills, never making eye contact with me, and never asked me what my meal was like.
Also disappointed with the internet signal which kept failing.
But I will probably stay again as the good points above win the day. How easy it would be to get these small problems fixed though!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank corkdave
There are newer reviews for Great National South Court Hotel

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My daughter in law and I stayed in South Court hotel for 3 nights because of its proximity to the regional hospital. We found the staff friendly and helpful, the bedrooms were spotless. breakfast was great....plenty of choice. The hotel was quiet and we slept like logs.
One or two small things I would mention tho they are minor and shouldn't put anyone off ...The shower was a bit antiquated but it worked, the telly was a relic but that too worked and so did the remote.
Overall I have no complaints and would certainly stay again. good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
SouthCourtHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear KateStJohn,
Thank you for kind comments on your recent stay with us; I will pass them on to the rest of the team. We are constantly striving to improve the quality and service of our product at the South Court Hotel and I will pass on your comments regarding the items you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The South Court Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed here on thursday 27 October and they had an disco in a markee till 2am with lots of drunken yobs screaming around the hotel till all hours - I was worried for my safety.In a Hotel you expect to be able to get a nights sleep - THIS PLACE IS HIDEIOUS!

I would check if they plan to have open air events before booking. with Massive speakers.

We had no sleep!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SouthCourt!

Room Tip: GET A ROOM WITH SOUND INSULATION - If you are hard of hearing perhaps its the Hotel for you
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank H0telReviewer101
SouthCourtHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear H0telreviewer101,
Thank you for your post. Please accept our apologies. The concert/event in question was held in our adjoining Convention Centre and was a one-off event. The South Court Hotel endeavours to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests and this particular event was staffed by a large security team.

Please feel free to contact us on 061 487 487 or at info@southcourthotel.com and a member of management would be more than happy to discuss the matter directly.

Thank You.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I have been dealing with the South Court Hotel on business for for quite some time now. All I can say is that Dermot Kelly, the General Manager and his team are a credit to themselves.

The South Court is not a modern hotel by any means and is a little old and dated looking in some places. But on the otherhand, it is exceptionally clean and the staff working there would bend over backwards to help you.

I always get a Lifestyle Suite and these rooms are just as good as any high-grade four star bedroom anywhere else. The food in Boru's Bar is excellent and the staff extremely accommodating to my special dietary requirements. Breakfast is a fairly average no-frills buffet affair - but good all the same. The meeting rooms are again slightly old but have modern equipment all comfortable furnishings.

People complain about this hotel because it is old and dated - I understand that. But it is in my opinion the staff that make a place - and in the South Court they certainly do that. I hope to continue returning to the same friendly, accommodating hotel again and again in the coming years.

Room Tip: Get a Lifestyle Suite designed by Paul Costelloe - They are great!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2011

This has to be the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The walls are paper thin and could hear my neighbours TV very clearly until 5am, around the same time as a complete stranger walked into my room. My door was closed, there was no knock on the door, so it was obviously a guest who was given the key to my room or a member of staff. The same thing happenned again at 7am, this time by a cleaner. When I told the receptionist about it when checking out, her response was "Well I don't know anything about that, I wasn't on last night". No apology whatsoever.
I am frequently in Limerick on business and will make sure to stay somewhere else in future where I can be guaranteed an uninterupted nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business