“Filling meals where you can survive with just the Nan breads to accompany the main courses”
Review of Spice of India

Spice of India
Ranked #62 of 331 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Have eaten from here quite a lot always with deliver food so cannot comment on the restaurant itself. The food is always as ordered and large in portion size. There is plenty of meet in the main courses unlike some other Indian restaurants I have eaten from that seem to bulk the meal up with potatoes etc. Prices are a tad high which always plays a part on where whether we go with Chinese or Indian. We will eat from here again

1  Thank Martin P

Reviewed 27 August 2015

This wonderful indian restaurant is hidden away up a stairs on O'Connell Street Limerick.
when we entered the restaurant we where greated by friendly waiter who showed us to our table, not reserved. Tables where set and clean. Glasses where spotless. and the early bird menu was excellent value at 18.95 each or $45 euro for dinner for two starter, main course, dessert and bottle of wine. We did not use their early bird offers as we didn't have a lot of time so opted just for main course which was well presented and tasted amazing, one of the best Indian Restaurants in Limerick. would definitely go there again and this time go for the Dinner for two offer.

1  Thank Ann Marie K
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I have seen the negative reviews but as my first experience , the food and the service was really good. I liked the way the warm plates arrived and were given final wipe down as they were put on table. Prices seem reasonable and I will be back.

2  Thank Loo99car
Reviewed 25 August 2015

As someone else mentioned - do not be put off by the carpet as you walk up the stairs to the restaurant. It DOES need a rug doctor or replacing...

We ate here after reading the reviews on here. we weren't disappointed. my hubs had the mixed Dupiaza and I had the mixed Rogan Josh. Portions are generous. Be aware, if you are allergic to prawns / seafood as they told me a 'mixed' curry contained lamb and chicken, which we ordered. When it arrived, we found small prawns in the sauce. we were happy with that, but this may not be to everyone's liking.

We were happily full up with a curry and rice (hubs had the chicken tikka starter too....very nice, a tad salty). couldn't manage a dessert but had a slice of comp orange to finish.

Good meal.

2  Thank SpudnJusHood
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I used to be addicted to this place when I lived in Limerick. The Chicken Balti (extra hot), with Veg Pilau rice, and g&c naan bread cannot be bettered. The chicken has this red coating which is so sweet and delicious, and the naan bread is like leather(ish), and you can tell it's proper quality, and on another level to anything you'll get anywhere else.
I occasionally drive from Cork for take away here.
That's how good the food is.
What I would give for their recipe book.