“Dependably good”
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Ranked #5 of 245 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Determined to make it to dessert this time I skipped starters and went straight to the main. This was a riff on their beetroot risotto of winter time - this time beetroot arancini. Always a tasty and interesting plate. Took a recommendation for the dessert. I don't think the waiter likes dessert. Waiter recommended the thing that most people order. It sounded interesting. It was a kind of deconstructed lemon baked Alaska that was more like a lemon meringue pie with ice-cream. He did say it was sweet. He was not kidding. I don’t have that kind of sweet tooth. Glass of rose helped me through. Conclusion: If you haven't a US-grade sweet tooth and you have room for two courses, I'd back the first two. Friendly and efficient service as usual. A solo evening venture I was in and out and happy in around an hour.

1  Thank taistealai_fanach
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived on time and were show to our table, felt a little rushed to order as there was a large table looking to arrive soon, nothing to worry about, better be served before them, but it never materialised, we left after our three course meal and still no group, not sure what the hurry was about ?
So back to the food, very nice overall, tasty starters, large main course portions (too large beef maybe) very tasty desserts, everything fresh but I feel that it could have been a little more.. refine maybe.
Always heard of zuni as being one of the best tables in Kilkenny, ok it was Sunday lunch but...would have to try dinner one of these days.
Looking for a good Sunday lunch? Zuni is one of the best around town.

1  Thank Olly986
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Had a lovely lunch here, its menu is a little different to what is being served in most places at lunchtime. We had Sweet Potato Falafel and Chilli Chicken Wrap. Both were delicious. Service was excellent . Only sorry we did not have a chance to have dinner there.

1  Thank ciog52
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Visited here one evening, staff very helpful getting a high chair for our little one, we ate in the bar area and had a superb chicken roulade with delicate gnocchi. Very highly recommended

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This was easily the best meal we had in all of Ireland. We got the trough appetizer which was like sushi and incredible. My husband and I split the lamb and the game and both were out of this world. They were juicy and fresh with some complex flavors. For dessert we got the chocolate ball which is poorly described on the menu bc it sounds bland but it is one of the best desserts I’ve ever had. It is a thin ball of chocolate and the insides are super moist spongy chocolate cake, ice cream, and something that taste like toffee. They pour molten chocolate over the whole thing and it melts into a delicious soup type thing.
The service was great, very nice and attentive waiters. I can not recommend this place enough.

1  Thank harleyglazer