“Beautiful lunch. ”

The Marble City Bar
Ranked #27 of 252 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Winner of Best Gastro Pub in Kilkenny for the last 4 years! 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Situated within walking distance from Langton House Hotel, The Marble City Bar & Tea Rooms is one the oldest public houses in the County it has still retained many of the original features and exudes a warm & friendly atmosphere. The Marble City Bar is a favourite with locals and residents alike, offering extensive menus boasting the very best in fresh local Irish produce and service. Food is served from 9am - 10pm daily Down stairs and situated on a bustling pedestrianised shopping street is the The Marble City Tea Rooms. An ideal meeting spot with both indoor and outdoor seating areas it is the perfect setting in which to experience a varied selection of international coffees and teas, cakes and pastries along with a full and comprehensive menu. Food is served from 9am - 9:30pm daily
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful lunch of chicken and chorizo salad soup and pie of the day. Food was beautiful tasty and hot. The guy that served us “vinnie” he was a true professional. Polite appropriate and helpful. He is a credit to the profession and the the beautiful bar/restaurant. Will be back.

4  Thank pmcpirelandCoLouth

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Went to marble city bar for dinner. First impression was not great. Waiter was on different of we ate up or down stairs . No intrest in the customer.
Menu looked nice tho.
I hsd the lamb chop and liver. While my cpmpany had the chicken supreme.
Waitress was pleasent. Food arrived quite fast so had me thinking.
Cut into the chpos and lo and behold my suspicion was right. The lamb was RAW on the middle. i mean it had a pulse.
Wasnt that busy . Waiting staff were almost non existent. We could have left without paying it would have been that easy.
My partners food was nice tho.
When i went to pay . It was a different server . Dont thinl they believed me when j told them the lamb was raw. I got well i believe you when i said would wait for the waitress to return before i payed.
Over all i con only give a 1 as the food was raw and inedible.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We didn't have time to stay for a meal ( wish we had after checking the menu out ), so we just stayed for a few drinks at the bar and enjoyed the decor/surroundings. Read the other good tripadvisor reviews they'll give you a better idea than I can. Their homepage is certainly worth looking at.

1  Thank DAMIAN B
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This restaurant was a true "find." It's a little dark inside, but don't let that deter you. The food is wonderful and the service impeccable (the best we had in all of Ireland). Appeared to be a place frequented by locals. Four daily specials are a great value and come with delicious sides.

2  Thank viajera1741
Reviewed 19 May 2018

My wife and I went for an evening meal to this pub/restaurant and we were very impressed by the lovely meals we had. The deserts were dangerously good and should be avoided if you are dieting.
There was a warm welcoming atmosphere and the staff were excellent. We will be returning as soon as possible

2  Thank osullivanco