“Beautiful Hotel”

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel has it all. We have stayed here a few times now and will keep returning as it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The receptionists will always recognise that you stayed before and are very welcoming. The rooms are beautiful and the bar and restaurant have gorgeous food. The spa is also lovely and the outdoor hot tub is very refreshing. We will definately be returning .

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the lovely garden.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Ness97,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of visiting us here at Ballygarry House. I am delighted with your kind words and will pass them on to all involved. Tho Hot tub is a very popular facility indeed! I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Everything about this hotel is top notch. Great staff, great food, great room and a fabulous spa. Highly recommend visiting.

Room Tip: Stayed in most basic room i think and it was very spacious and very comfortable. Big bed!

Dear Buntward,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Have just returned from a really lovely Stay in Ballgarry. We had a 2 night weekend stay with dinner& b&b. Had a great impression of the hotel from the get go as on the Thursday prior to us travelling the hotel contacted me to ask when we would like to book our dinner as the Sat eve was booking up very fast and they wanted to give us the option to still book in rather than us arriving on the Friday and not having a choice as to what night we could have dinner, thought that was a really nice touch!
We arrived the following day and I honestly think the hotel is beautiful, the décor is oldy world charming but also modern where it needs to be.
We had a very efficient and pleasant check in experience, and when we walked into the hotel we were greeted with the fabulous smell of fresh flowers ( turns out there were lilies all over the hotel). When we got to our room we were really impressed, for a 'standard' double room it was huge! Massive bed, huge bathroom with 2 sinks and lovely views over the hotel gardens, bath robes,slippers complimentary water etc.
We had a few drinks in the bar prior to dinner which was really nice,comfy chairs around an open fire gave a really nice atmosphere.
Ate dinner in brooks and I can honestly say the food was to die for!!The food was one of the best things about this hotel and based on that it deserves a 5 star merit!
We ordered breakfast to the room the following morning which was also gorgeous, as hotel breakfasts tend to go Ballygarry can be proud! It was delivered on time and piping hot.

Also to mention on the second night of our stay, there was a huge function in the Pavilion with about 450 people and this did not impact on the hotel at all, there were plenty of staff, it was not chaotic or stressful and also you would not have known there was a function as there was no noise.

Now just for a tiny few niggles, when we arrived the room was freezing!! We turned the radiator on but nothing seemed to happen, it appears its on a timer, I called down to reception and spoke to a really lovely gentleman, he said he would sort it, when we came back that evening it was fixed, however the following day the same thing happened but the heating never came on, I didn't bother to call reception this time just used extra blankets provided. I did advise the receptionist at checkout and she apologised.
Also the curtains in out room seemed to be too short for the windows, both mornings we woke with the light streaming into the room from about 5.30am!
A point mentioned here by another traveller was that the small smoking area outside the bar had no ashtrays, this is still the case, I know it was mentioned that there was a huge heated section at the rear of the hotel but this is too far to go when you are in the bar. Lastly the service in the restaurant was very slow, It could not be put down to busyness as when we were there, there was only 4 other tables occupied, it was a bit of a pain but I can honestly say the food made up for it completely!
Over all it was a really pleasant stay,I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Noteasilyimpressed,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review. I am delighted to pass these on to our staff who work very hard at maintaing the standards that you describe. I have spoken to our accommodation manager and she is advising me as to the curtains, and our bar manager as to the ashtrays as this is the second comment about the lack of them in that area, and if it is felt that the terrace to the rear is too far I will take that on board.

I do hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I travel a lot for work around Ireland and I can safely say Ballygarry House is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I stayed twice within ten days while I was on business in Tralee. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms are lovely and bathrooms are huge. There were two negitaves that I could see (1) its close to a busy road and was noisy during the day, this was not a problem at night time (2) the spa is extremely expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank IE20080

Dear IE20080,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay here with us. I am very happy to read your positive words. We are pleased to offer monthly specials in our Spa that you may like to check out if you are able to return, and all of the Thermal facilities are complimentary to you on staying with us.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

My fiancée and I had communicated with the hotel by email a number of times, and arranged to visit to check out the hotel for our forthcoming wedding. From the moment we arrived, we were treated very professionally. The receptionist referred to us on a first name basis, knew exactly that we had dinner booked in the restaurant later that night, and that we would be flying back the UK the next day.
When we got to our suite, there was a hand-written card, welcoming us to the hotel, accompanied by home made cookies (which were fantastic).
We spoke with Padraig later in the day, to go through wedding arrangements, and even though he had a bride and groom arriving in minutes, he gave us the time to explain everything in detail. He was able to show us the room, all set-out for the wedding that day, which was a great way to visualise our own wedding. No question was too silly. Everything Padraig said to us, was coming from a very experienced person. Not for one minute did we feel like we were being 'feed a line' as we had felt with other hotels.
Padraig walked through, in detail, what our day would entail, down to bacon baps, as described by other reviews :-) He was also able to recommend bands and dj's, according to our specific guests (which would be mostly Irish and English).
We invited 2 friends to dinner that night, and we all had the best meal in the restaurant. The sea bass was exceptional, the fillet and sirlion steaks were a joy to eat.
Desert, well what can you say about desert, other than, they were gorgeous.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the outdoor heated pool & relaxation room in the spa which are free to use for all guests, without booking. Fantastic addition to the hotel. What was exceptional was that my fiancée hadn't brought his swimming togs, and the spa staff said they actually have spare togs available for use, at any time. Tiny details, which make a huge difference.
We are looking forward to holding our wedding reception there in a few months time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nora_Ni1975

Dear Nora Ni1975,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit and dealings with us here at the Hotel. It was a pleasure to meet you and Andy on your visit. I am delighted that you have chosen us to celebrate your special day with and look forward to seeing you again. October won't be long coming enjoy every minute!

Best wishes,