1,392 results
All reviews irish wolfhound stone room four poster bed fairy tale dining room the pub felt like royalty grounds are beautiful manor house course dinner drawing room wedding party dingle peninsula common areas highlight of our trip next morning eggs benedict
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I swear, the fourth time staying here and I'm falling more and more in love with Ballyseede! We came this time with my sister and stayed in Rodgers and the room is gigantic and perfect for 3 of us. My sister also fell in love with Ballyseede and has not stopped talking about it since we got home. Mr. Higgins and Einstein are just amazing dogs. Since this Spring the Castle has added a gazebo outside for weddings and it's beautiful. This vacation we tried the 5 course dinner and it was amazing...and wicked filling! If you want to enjoy being relaxed, sitting by a fire by a bar with two dogs, then come here! And the Bartenders, Derry and Eddie are awesome! Kudos again Ballyseede!

Room Tip: Rodgers is a family room with two double beds as is Goldsmith.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My father lost his wife a couple of months ago so our trip to Ireland was to grant my stepmother's last wish, to have her ashes strewn in her homeland. We made reservations to stay for two days at Ballyseede Castle. When we arrived we found that even with what they call handicap accessibility, there is no way my father would be able to manage getting to a room in the castle, so we explained that we would not be able to stay. (My father uses a walker and cannot manage stairs). The manager asked if we couldn't just put my father up in another hotel and keep our reservations with them. Seriously? We traveled the whole southern part of Ireland and these were the least friendly people we encountered. We had a driver and he could not believe the treatment we were afforded here. We love Ireland and will travel there again soon but would never recommend a stay at Ballyseede Castle.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Decided to have lunch here recently. Big mistake. Service was unfriendly other than being greeted by a huge dog which blocked access to the main door. Bar person made us feel unwelcome and was more interested in polishing the furniture than looking after us.

We ordered two soups which was described as chicken and pea. It came in a tiny portion and was more akin to a chicken stock. My wife's bowl contained chicken bones and fatty chicken skin.. Very disappointed to say the least given the magnificent surroundings of the castle.

We left and went to Ballyseedy Garden Centre across the road which was far superior with really nice food, coffee and friendly people.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank annaihr
MCTralee, Owner at Ballyseede Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Annaihr,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed that this was your experience. It is very much out of the ordinary given our good name for high quality food. Our restaurant was awarded an AA Rosette for food this year and I am upset that this was your experience. I'm sorry that you didn't say something on the day but I would love to speak to you about it an put things right. please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Marnie & Rory

Reviewed 23 November 2012

From the moment we stepped out of the car we knew we were somewhere special. The castle is most definitely elegant, but the staff could not possibly make you feel more comfortable and welcome. Both of our rooms were beautiful. We drank hot tea in one of the gorgeous parlors, and spent several memorable hours with new friends in the bar both nights of our stay. The dogs...well you just have to experience how sweet and special they are for yourself. Thanks to everyone for an amazing stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy C

Dear KatyCay,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind feedback. We have a great staff and we are very proud of their efforts to make people welcome. We are glad that this was your experience. We look foward to welcoming you again to Ballyseede Castle and the dogs send their love. Marnie & rory

Reviewed 22 November 2012

We weren't sure if driving a bit out of our way would be worth it for a night at this hotel. It was. We arrived at around 4:30 and enjoyed some time walking around the hotel exploring. We had dinner from the bar area in the sitting room and then enjoyed the rest of the evening in the little bar area. We had booked through booking.com for two people. However my mom was a last minute unexpected guest. When we arrived we asked if we could please just pay an extra person fee and get a cot in our room. The gentleman working that evening went beyond by instead offering my mom her own lovely room for the same fee we were planning on paying to share with a cot. We were impressed and enjoyed our stay in the Campbell and Japanese rooms. Breakfast was delicious, staff was friendly and hotel was unique.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family