“Great food, great time”

O Donoghue's Public House
Ranked #54 of 201 Restaurants in Killarney
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at O'Donoghue's. The best fish and chips I ever had. The band started playing around 9:00 and it was great fun. They played Irish music and took requests from the audience.

1  Thank _elena_steve
PaulOSullivanGM, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Elana,
The chef will be more than happy with your kind words and we all thank you very much for the great feedback .Our house bands which play each evening love to interact with the customers and would even be happy to have some customers join them for a song, Hopefully on your return you can sing a song for us.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Stopped off here for lunch with a friend on our way home from Cork. We were greeted by a very friendly manageress who chatted to us and made us feel welcome. The bar was busy for food and the service was first class. We enjoyed the food and will be back again

1  Thank 781francesm

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for leaving such great feedback on your recent visit to O'Ds Bar and I am delighted that our staff looked after you well. I will make sure that all the staff are aware of your kind and complimentary comments.
We look forward to chatting to you again in O'Ds and making sure you have the same again.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Walked into this lovely pub last week and feel in love. Fromm the pleasant lady who showed us to our table, giving us time to chat and also menu suggestions. We had the salmon and the grilled sea trout on her recommendation and I have to say that both choices were excellent. Our food was brought to the table by an affable waiter named Blair. Overall it was a very nice meal, followed by a lively band. We will be back.

Dear TC,
Thank you for your lovely review on your time spend with us in O'Ds bar. Its wonderful to hear all the little bits from your experience as this will always help me to encourage our staff to continue the tremendous work they do each day. I will be delighted to let all the staff know of your complimentary words , I do hope to see you again for more of the same and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I came here about two days ago and was greeted with a warm and friendly welcome. The staff were lovely and the soup was delicious.
A lovely spot to take a break from walking all day.

1  Thank Méadhbh C

Dear Meadhbh,
Thank you for your lovely review and we are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself in O'Ds bar. We all look forward to seeing you again soon and looking after you in the future.
Enjoy the walking.
Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Visited O'Donoghue's bar and restaurant. Customer service was for the most part extremely unfriendly, including from the bar manager. The food was alright (not great) but I think the low quality customer service has soured my taste for this establishment.

1  Thank Graeme O
PaulOSullivanGM, General Manager at O Donoghue's Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Graeme,
Thank you for taking a few moments to review your time spent with us. It is alarming to say that our staff would express them selves in such a poor manner and I have spend time with our bar staff expressing your comments and helping them them to understand how their behavior can have a very negative impact on our customers .
I would like to say sorry for this very poor experience and I would be delighted see you again here in O'Ds for a more enjoyable time.
General Manager .