1,611 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath guest house junior suite copper kettle an upgrade excellent location pubs and restaurants public car park central location two nights breakfast was excellent ring of kerry beautiful room centre of town top class ireland ann
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Spent a fantastic two days in Killarney. Fairview House is very central but also quiet and secure. As friendly and personable as a traditional family guesthouse but as luxurious and comfy as the best of hotels. Sumptuous breakfast great value. Will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Front Office Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review & nice comments.
We hope to see you again soon at The Fairview.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent service. Even made coffee for us as we had a 630 train to catch. Clean rooms and they watched our bags as we went in a tour for seven hours. Close to lots of pubs and restaurants. Very clean with excellent bar

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Front Office Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review and nice comments,
We hope to see you again soon at The Fairview.
Many Thanks

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We booked last minute, and having researched prices online decided to book directly with the hotel when we arrived, the gentleman at reception tried to bully us, (a group of 3 couples) into booking the deluxe spa rooms, we insisted on basic double rooms, we showed him on his own computer the rooms we wanted and how much they were being offered on a booking site, he took our booking and said they would be ready in 1 hour, when we returned we were served by another person, who said the rooms that had been booked were deluxe doubles ( more expensive) by that time it was about 6.30pm at night, a bit late to look elsewhere, so we had to accept them, NOT HAPPY, then the rooms were pretty basic, kettle did not work and we had a double bed and a single bed squashed into 1 room. It left a sour taste in our mouths and does not do the hotel any favours to have staff like that, the lady who served us secondly was very nice, we just don’t like being bullied and ripped off by an arrogant staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ordered
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 149michelleo
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Front Office Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Reviewer
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful -- our room was large and the bathroom clean and modern. They held our luggage for us since we arrived very early and again after checkout. Hotel is in the heart of town -- would highly recommend and will definitely stay here again myself. Breakfast was absolutely fabulous too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review, and your nice comments.
We would love to see you again soon at The Fairview.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Booked here last minute just a quick over night stay when I arrived receptionist was friendly said their was a nicer room with a king bed and a jacuzzi bath for an extra 20 euro if we would like that instead we said yes why not as I always like a king bed if only it was a king bed, in fact it was only 2 single beds pushed together every time we went into the middle of it we were nearly falling down between it wasn’t even a king mattress just two single beds with a king sheet and covers so wasn’t impressed and as for the room it was a bit musky and kinda dirty saw a good bit of dust in areas the bath had a few bits of dust in it and just looked rather dirty I gave it a rinse out before I decided to take a bath and the shower also could do with a bit of a scrub as I saw between the shower door a lot of muck, towels were worn and hard not atal what I’d expect out of a four star wouldn’t return.

Stayed: April 2018
4  Thank kela1994
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thanks Michael, for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed here. I checked the history and so many of our gusts have stayed in this same room and left glowing reviews. Your review is certainly an anomaly, and I was sorry to hear this as we try so hard to please our guests (and our past reviews are so positive across the board). Clearly, something must have been wrong in our case, and it's a pity you did not come to talk to us while you stayed, as we would have happily helped and given you a different room if necessary. We have 24x7 reception cover, and help is always a quick call.

In terms of the king bed, this is a very large bed and is a purpose built split link bed typically used in 5-Star hotels. Indeed, the split link configuration is the prevailing norm in all of the higher end hotels like our own (across Ireland and overseas). When assembled there should be no noticeable difference. What might have happened here is our accommodation staff might not have made the bed correctly in changing the mattress covers, and the split links not joined correctly. I will talk to our accommodation manager to have this prioritised in our checklist.

I can assure you that the room was neither musky or dirty. A feature of the hotel is expensive teak wood in a number of the rooms, which many of our guests love as it crates a vintage theme (and which are spotlessly clean). So I'm wondering if this might have given you a false impression if you are not used to vintage furniture. Interestingly, all towels were changed across the hotel in the last couple of weeks, so it surprises me to hear that you felt they were worn (they were all new!!).

At any rate, please do come back to us and ask for me (Angela), and we'll endeavour to do our best to help turn this around for you. Thanks for staying with us, hopefully we can look forward to seeing you again and I'll personally manage your stay with us - cheers, Angela