“Tasty surprise ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Had a €50 voucher for the restaurant and decided to use it against my birthday meal with my wife. Didn't have high expectations (however could still taste the lamb dish that had few months before during wedding dinner held in the same establishment).
Pre booked the table and were seated by the window. Restaurant is very large and obviously is being used for a breakfast as all morning equipment was exposed.
After ordering our food while waiting for starters and sipping really nice reisling wine we were surprised with literally "beautiful" creamy goat cheese bite dressed with eatable flowers. Tasty! Yet the best was to come - state of art starters: 3 kinds of shrimps for me and chicken surprise for my wife. Tasty, not too big, served very clearly and immaculately placed on a plate with pharmaceutical precision. Disappeared from the plates within minutes.
Could not wait for a main... We were not disappointed-presentation, size, different sauces, taste and textures decorated with eatable flowers and washed with matching glass of Merlot made our evening! I had lamb and my wife first time ever finished every bit of "surf&turf"!
Beautiful looking desserts tasted even better than looked. Cup of flat white and tea for my wife and we were in heaven.
Recommended
Came back few month later for lunch and had special of the day - lamb cutlets. Divine!
The only thing if you rushing anywhere or if you have short lunch break note it take a while for good food!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've eaten here a number of times and have yet to find fault with it, The food is fab, great wine list and very friendly staff. I would usually eat here once a week either with my child or with friends.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Bite to eat on a Tuesday evening. The three of us chose the burger. We cleared the plates! It was so delicious. Our server Ciara was extremely helpful and had a big smile on her face (which is nice to see on the hospitality industry with the long hours etc). She checked on us a few times to make sure we were okay and made conversation with us, a real people's person. It was nice to sit by the window and watch the hustle and bustle of killarney and the Jaunting Cars. I will definitely be returning...the combination of great food and outstanding staff made our evening!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after a wonderful day at the hotels spa. We had a fantastic waiter who's name I didn't catch, but he was very professional and pleasant. We are in lovely surroundings and had a table next to the window over looking Killarney's Main Street. Food quality however was not up to scratch and I was really disappointed with my main course - €16.50 for a tiger prawn and linguine fish which was honestly a small portion, bland and very over priced.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I don’t understand why this hotel asks clients to write a review on Trip advisor and then offer them a chance to win a prize for an “honest” review. This seems to go against the spirit of writing reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel is extremely conveniently located. Its ambiance is excellent and is in fact a very attractive hotel to enter and relax in its public areas. The toilets are very smart and kept to a high standard. The staff in the bar and restaurant are very helpful and solicitous. The lunch menu is good and its prices are very reasonable. We very much enjoyed our meal.
If I was a local I’d go there for a meal or a drink regularly. I did not stay there so I can’t comment on the rooms.
I won’t be entering their competition because I never give anything other than an honest review. Whoever thought up this wheeze has let an excellent hotel down. Surely they should have the confidence to know how good they are!