“Five star service ,six star food ”
Review of Danu at The Brehon

Danu at The Brehon
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: USD 32 - USD 40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Danú at The Brehon have a team of award-winning international chefs who are lead by our Head Chef Chad Byrne. Chad’s philosophy on food is to use fresh Irish produce served with a modern flair keeping ingredients simple yet elegant.Our team of international award winning chefs have created a menu of classical dishes with ethnic influences while still mindful of our tradition of keeping wholesome rustic cooking to the forefront.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is without doubt the finest hotel Killarney has to offer . The friendliest staff , attention to detail and the warm feeling you get when you set foot in the door is what keeps us coming back .
Without doubt the highlight of our stay is the danu restaurant , veg so fresh , beef so well cooked I can still taste it ! My wife had the hake which was so nice I had to eat a chunk while she wasn’t looking ! If your looking for a treat, special occasion or just simply want the best food around well then it’s the danu !
Keep up the good work ! Looking at dates for next visit already !

TheBrehonTeam, Manager at Danu at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear gavvinmeade,

Wow thank you for your five and six star review! The entire team where delighted to hear your enjoyed your dining experience and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Generous quantities of hot an cold buffet food provided in the late afternoon. We all enjoyed the food.

Dear Una,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are a little confused with your three star rating based on your comments. If there is any feedback you would like to give me please email Lorraine.salmon@thebrehon.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My Husband and I ate in the Danu restaurant recently and it was delicious. We had our evening meal and it was great. The food was well presented and well cooked. My Husband had the hake and he loved it. I had the beef and it was tender and tasty. We had lovely fresh vegetables and potatoes. We had ice cream and apple crumble for dessert and coffee to finish off. We also had breakfast on both mornings and it was top notch. Very attentive staff and pleasant .We will definitely be back.

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for you wonderful review and we do hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was not a good experience. Staff took us to a table away from other customers and left us for 20 minutes before asking us what we wanted to drink. Ordered the food at the same time in case we were left alone again. I ordered a chicken stir fry with plum sauce and my husband ordered a fish pie. I have never had a stir fry without vegetables ever before so was surprised when it arrived without any greens. The taste was awful, really salty chicken in a bowl, couldn’t eat it so waited for someone to come down to complain but the kids had already finished theirs so wasn’t going to wait for another meal to be prepared, and no one came near us, ended up eating some of my husbands fish pie which in all honesty was lovely!?! This hotel was close to where we were staying and would have been handy but we didn’t return.

Dear Suzanne F,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to The Brehon bar and I am sorry to hear of your experience.
Since your last visit we have a brand new menu and I do hope you will be back to experience it. Please do contact e directly when you are returning and I will assure you a pleasant dining experience. I can be contacted on Lorraine.salmon@thebrehon.com

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Loved the menu. Service was superb and staff so friendly. Lovely relaxing atmosphere. Great choices and nice wine list

Deat fitz12,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and fir sharing your experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.