“Fabulous Place to Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Reception Area of Cottage Gap of Dunloe covered in snow
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Reception Area of Cottage
Gap of Dunloe covered in snow
exterior
Living area of Corrauntoohail suite
Living / kitchen area of corrauntoohail suite
Bedroom of Corrauntoohail Suite
bedroom of beaufort suitr
bedroom of Beaufort suite
Living area of Gap of Dunloe Suite
bedroom of Gap of Dunloe Suite
Floor Plan of Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kimberly...
“Fabulous Place to Stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Just stayed at the Buglers Cottage with a group of 10 and it was wonderful! We had all three separate apartments. The accommodations where clean and ready for us. Julie was quick to respond to any messages and Chis was beyond helpful to us, couldn't be more grateful for that! We got in late and she helped us find food for the night. I would have no problem coming back to this wonderful place, just off the Ring of Kerry.

Travelling group: Large Group
Martik239
Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful as always.”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Just back from a week's stay in the Buglers. It was bliss, the cottage is fantastic, in the most beautiful place. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The apartments are all fully equipped with everything you need. We would go back in a heartbeat, highly recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Decor and location of the cottage.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Discostuy
“Perfect for a large group”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

A group of 8 of us (4 couples) stayed in Buglers Cottage for the weekend of the Ring of Kerry cycle and it was ideal.

Each apartment/quarter is large, with a bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette/living area with its own private front door and garden access. The TVs and free Wifi are also a bonus.

The cottage suited us perfectly as we were able to manage all the bikes and gear in comfort, as well as prepare our own food and supplies for the cycle.
Located within walking distance of Kate Kearneys cottage (pub/eatery) and the Gap of Dunloe, I would recommend this as a base for any cycling groups or hillwalkers planning to trek around the surrounding countryside.

Overall the cottage is very clean, well maintained and very spacious and the owner & caretaker were great to deal with. The price was also great value.

The only negatives I would add are that it is an expensive taxi ride to Killarney village and the advertised checkout time (10am) is too early (although this was changed to 12 for us, which suited us a lot better).

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Greecefan...
N Ireland
“Absolutely ideal”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in October 2012

Can't understand why my 5star review I wrote and posted on 2nd July 2012 is not shown among these reviews . It appears among my list of all reviews I've written yet not where it should be. This is very unfair to Julie who works so hard to make your stay fantastic. Please post ASAP, very disappointed in Trip Advisor on this matter. The buglers is fabulous in every way and hope to return this year.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Bruce062
Durban - South Africa
“Pity About the Unfriendly Owners”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Spent 2 nights at this Cottage. it was very clean, well equiped, & we could'nt complain about anything in the cottage. The owners were however very unfriendly, not what we were used to at all in Ireland. Very slow in responding to messages, did not even bother to meet us or offer any advice on things to do, see, etc in the area. No info in the cottage either on local attractions. Not sure why people like this are in the hospitality industry.

Liked best: The Location
Liked least: Unfriendly Owners
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
11 Oct 2013
I am sorry you thought I was unfriendly. As I state to all my guests when booking, I have relocated to Galway from Killarney this summer. This means I am unable to meet and greet. My care taker has met most arrivals this season. There are times she may be working or if a specific time is not given to me before hand she would not be standing at door waiting for you, but I do know she keeps trying to stop by to make sure everything is okay. If I had known you needed help with sightseeing I would have been happy to help. I am always available by phone or emails throughout your stay for questions regarding the cottage or surrounding area. When I dont hear from guests I assume everything is going okay for them.
Kind Regards
Julie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing