All reviewscarvery lunchlovely hotelseparate shower and bathsized roomrecommend this hotelfamily weddingwould stay againthe room was nicetown centrewedding receptionstayed for two nightsstaff were so friendlysuperior roomgreat weekendboth morningsfrom start to finishlast weekend
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Visited the hotel's Old Mill bar/restaurant on Monday and to say we were disappointed is an understatement.
My sister and I ordered 2 Irish coffees. Without sugar. The chap who took our order seemed unhappy that we weren't having sugar with our Irish coffees but toddled off, soon to return with what I would call 2 sloppy glasses of MUD. Besides the fact that the cream had obviously not been thickened to lie on top of the drink, it had mixed into an unsightly brown sludge that had slopped all over the glass into the napkin and saucer, splashing down his hand in rivulets. The "waiter" unceremoniously dumped the glasses onto our table and when my sister said that was unacceptable, please make new ones, he looked shocked that we were rejecting the drinks. Off he went, muttering to the girls behind the bar, pouring the offensive drinks down the sink. We were so furious we told them to forget it, we're leaving.
You say: "one of Killarney's leading hotels" and "warm welcome" and "traditional Irish hospitality". I beg to differ. When your Irish staff have no idea how to make an IRISH coffee in an acclaimed Irish hotel, and get affronted when criticised, then it's time to do some serious reviewing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Ruth L
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The hotel is a nice choice for a quiet room with an outstanding view of the mountains in the national park to the south. The property is located at the periphery of the town of Killarney. There is plenty of parking. The hotel management did an effective job segregating hotel guests from tours, so the restaurant and bar offer a relaxing ambiance. The staff is gracious. We enjoyed steaks at the restaurant for a dinner and well-prepared Irish breakfasts. The hotel is conveniently situated to the Ring of Kerry. I read several blogs offering conflicting advice about circumnavigating the ring in clockwise or counter clockwise directions. We took the staff's advice to use the counter clockwise route and did so without incident (indeed the buses travel faster than we did in any case). If you are driving, I highly recommend the Skellig Ring detour and the ferry boat to and drive across Valentia island.

Room Tip: Southern rooms face mountains
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Heights H, General Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Michael,

I would like to thank you for your review and I appreciate your informative feedback to any future customers and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you return to us again in the future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 9 June 2017

my husband and i , just returned from the hotel .the room was spotless and great shower and lovely comfy bed. breakfast was delicious and great choice of food.great ambience in the hotel and the staff were so pleasant and chatty to us.will defo be returning again.and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yvonnemurphy6
Heights H, General Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Yvonne,

Many thanks for your lovely review. we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Heights hotel.

we hope to see you again soon.

kind regards

The Heights Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I stayed here a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised, the room was very fresh and clean, the towels are so new and full. The bed is also very good with very fresh (new) linen. The breakfast is very good so overall I would recommend here.. I am staying here again last night and tonight and felt a review was due. Joe

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Heights H, General Manager at The Heights Hotel Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Joe,

I would like to thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time at the heights hotel.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us.

many thanks

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We booked this hotel as part of our tour around Ireland for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful hotel - my husband even asked on arrival how this fit into our budget! The look on entry is gorgeous.

Check-in was a breeze and the hotel staff were very friendly. Our room was on the second floor and was big and airy with windows facing some greenery. I had opened the window on arrival as I was warm (it was a bit of a warmer day and the room was a bit stuffy) and a couple of giant wasps flew in... No hotels have screens in Ireland so I'm sure this is a normal occurrence but I am not a fan of insects so I had a bit of a freakout!

We went on to drive the Ring of Kerry following check-in and made it back in time for supper. I am not a big fish person so I found it hard to find something to eat - I have a bit of a weird appetite so it is no fault of the restaurant attached at all, my husband had no problem eating and enjoying what he had. I ended up ordering a salad and fries, two sides, for supper. We had eaten a lot on the drive so it wasn't a huge deal that way.

In the morning, the breakfast spread was enormous and I had a delicious meal! I am definitely more of a breakfast person and this well exceeded my expectations. The staff were really friendly and there was a ton of coffee available for us to drink.

Definitely worth your while to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple