Castlelodge Guesthouse
USD 246*
USD 304*
USD 319*
USD 285*
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
USD 175*
  • Pool
The Ross(Killarney)
USD 277*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationnational parkexcellent wificooked breakfasttown centreclean roomsross castlehome away from homecerealinternet
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Myself and my husband stayed in the castle lodge and we got verbally abused by the night porter who was shouting at us when we arrived back from a concert. He was saying that I should ask my 'visitor' to leave the room as there is no guests allowed. Even though he checked us in a few hours before that. Tried explaning it to him but he was screaming at my husband to leave. Never in our life had we come across anything so bad. The room was very small, the bathroom very dated, but we didnt mind as we were only staying for 1 night. But what happened to us was a disgrace.
Tried complaining the next morning, but was only given a 'sorry' and handed the bill.
Didnt have Bfast as was so upset the next morning, just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. I advise anyone to stay clear of the Castle Lodge.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CorkEllen
Reviewed 22 December 2009

My family and I stay at the Castle Lodge each year for a short break . We are always met with a friendly smile from all the staff at the guesthouse .Its located just minutes from town center and not forgetting next door to one of the beatiful national parks in killarney.
Rooms are very spacious and relaxing with a hearty full irish breakfast to follow in the morning .
I would recommend castle lodge to everyone its well worth a visit

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank lisaDerry
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I have stayed in Killarney many times and every time we enjoyed it a lot! The town is great for nightlife and during the day you can take a trip to Muckross House and the National Park. This trip was a weekend away with the girls, we didn't expect much from a guesthouse but we did expect to have comfortable and clean room with pleasant staff.....however, this was not provided.

The bathroom was not adequate- it smelt of urine as cleaning agent was not used on the toilet, the shower's temperature varied from freezing cold to scorching without turning the knob. The bathroom floor was soaked after the shower, as the shower curtain was not big enough....extremely dangerous with kids. The toilet was positioned too close to the sink and it was a tight squeeze to say the least. Also, not enough towels where provided for all persons in the room - we were given two bath towels in a family room! (Not practical for this room type - after all Family Rooms are meant to be their speciality!!)

The TV was dated with only four channels, the whole guesthouse was generally outdated. I personally couldn't see any evidence of any new refurbishment in the guesthouse. The dining room was open until 9:45, not ideal for late nights and especially when the dining room was not big enough to accommodate all guests in one setting. Check-In and Check-Out was very unpleasant with staff being extremely rude and uncooperative. I have never witness customer service being so terrible!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank TripLover09
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We knew we needed somewhere to stay for the night in Killarney but had made no prior bookings. We only drove in on a whim as we were waiting at the traffic lights when we spotted it and it seemed as good a place as any.

It looks huge from the outside for a B&B and felt just as large inside - it's size probably makes it a good choice in busy seasons. We had two rooms on the upper floor facing the rear. And you would never have guessed how close to the road this place was as I didn't hear a thing all night long.

There were plenty of tea and coffee facilities in the rooms - a huge carpark, and a short walk into the town centre - so all in all the location was great.

Beds were comfortable and tv's in each of the rooms.

The best thing was the breakfast. It was truly a huge spread and beautifully cooked. The staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank EgyptianGoddess
Reviewed 6 November 2007

My usual B&B was closed the week we were here due to a family event so we got to try a new place. We didnt book anything in advance since we knew it was off season and there would be availability. We ended up stopping at the CastleLodge and got a room for E45p/p. The room we had was on the first floor located at the back side of the hotel overlooking the courtyard. It was quiet for being on the busy street. The room itself was quite large with a twin and double bed. The bathroom was also quite big. Good water pressure and hot water. The breakfast was very good from Full Irish breakfast to just cereal or fruit and cheese. The only downside for me was the bed was kind of hard (but with a caveat since I have a number bed and down comforter on it and like my bed really soft.) The staff was really friendly and the location cant be beat. It was nice to be able to walk to the hotel after dinner and a drink and to be back in the room within 5 minutes of leaving the action in town. I would definitely suggest the hotel for anyone wanting a clean, close, inexpensive place to stay in Killarney.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends