I stayed here recently for one night with my partner. We wrote a friendly personal email to the hotel for the attention of the manager after our stay but it thus far has failed to be even acknowledged (4 days ago). While we had a pleasant and relaxing time, the hotel is not, in my opinion of 5* standard which is a shame. Our observations (rather than complaints) were:
We stayed in Room 227 - large, clean spacious room. However, the following were noted:
Large horizontal crack in ceiling coving running the length of the bed size wall
Scuff marks on white skirting boards in room
Bedroom window did not close
Large crack / gap in doorframe sorround entering into bathroom
Large crack in bathroom wall running by vanity mirror
Rotable vanity mirror head does not support itself
Dirty / missing grouting lower half of shower
Dirty / discoloured rubber seals and silicone seals in shower
Cracked floor tile in bathroom
Plastic cover on bath plug hole control / overflow came off
Unable to operate tv while lying in the bed (remote - tv sensor)
TV listings page missing from in-room guest directory
Our visit to the Cloisters Spa:
Missing mosaic tiles in steam room nearest sauna
Missing and loose tiles on thermal loungers
Broken wooden seat / foot board entering into outdoor hot tub
Brown staining in grouting places in the pool area.
Dangerous unseen ledges and underwater handles in pool area (bruised shins!)
The outstanding postitives of our stay were most definately the quality of staff and customer care. We frequent 5* hotels regularly and all the staff all deserve to be highly commended. We had a wonderful meal in G.B Shaw Restaurant and were very impressed with the standard and quality of food. Reception staff organsied a complimentary fruit basket and chocolates for our room when they became it was a birthday weekend which was a thoughtful and personal touch.
Overall a nice weekend but unfortunately our personal experience on this occasion was that it lacked the quality of finish of a 5* hotel. Shame that such rectifiable issues are letting the overall experience down ;( A response from the hotel to the original friendly email would have been appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellence surrounded by beauty - Muckross Park Hotel & Spa is uniquely located in Killarney's majestic National Park with magnificent mountains and lakes close by. The hotel is home to the renowned Spa at Muckross. Elegant, luxurious guestrooms and suites, award winning Yew Tree Restaurant and Monk's Lounge. The hotel has superb guest services and makes for a truly memorable hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Muckross Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Park Hotel And Cloisters Spa
- Muckross Park Hotel & Cloisters Killarney