“Ok nothing special ”

Ranked #42 of 202 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We visited for evening dinner
Place was a bit on the kitch side not really our thing
I ordered a lamb burger which was very dry I suppose lamb can be a hard thing to master other half ordered steak which was ok
Overall just ok

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Had heard good reports about the Smokehouse so decided to book for a small family dinner (6pax). Staff were very friendly and accommodated us. The restaurant has a cool funky vibe about it and we were really looking forward to a tasty dinner. I ordered chicken wings for my kids and they ate them up without hesitation, the one critic would b leaving the end of the wing on and serving up but no big deal. The mussels as a starter would delish though some bread on the side would have been great to soak up the sauce. The jumbo prawns and prawn cocktail were extremely disappointing. 2 jumbo prawns were only served and not worth the price and the prawn cocktail was tasteless. The avocado tasted like something from a squeeze bottle and the lettuce didn't have any sort of dressing so the dish was just bland. For mains, the rib eye was fantastic, no doubt about that, as were the short ribs but the lamb burger....what a let down. It could have beef burger for all we knew. The mint mayo that was served with it also didn't have enough mint so there was no proper distinguishing from beef/lamb. Am sorry to say that I was disappointed in this place.

3  Thank SarahKelly1982
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was the second time I ate in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the lamb burger which was delicious and full of flavour. The staff are friendly and chatty and the music and atmosphere in the restaurant was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if visiting Killarney.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Cold place and inefficient staff.
I am wondering how this place could get any good reviews! Seriously! The 50 minute wait for very very basic burgers were brought to our table only when I said we could not wait any longer.
Actually you can get much better food and better value at the Muckross Park Hotel Jarveys Rest Restaurant or The Lake Hotel. Get a taxi there just 5 mins away or if you want to stay in the High St area just.go across the road tto Quinlans Fish restaurant.

3  Thank LisaSimpson45
Reviewed 17 August 2017

While the service is good here I had the worst rib eye steak ever in this restaurant. It was full of grizzle and tough. The music was also to loud making conversation impossible

1  Thank Dave L