“Stick with the Irish”

Ranked #10 of 201 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: USD 9 - USD 31
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: History of Cronin’s RestaurantIn 1957 Johnny and Noreen Cronin opened a small lodging house down Clover Lane. Noreen who worked as a cook for a brief period in London decided to use her talents in the kitchen serving lunches for local factory worker. At the time it was quite a small operation with Noreen and Johnny doing the cooking the serving and the wash up . As time went by the Cronin family Grew and Sisters Joan, Katherine, Helen, Norma along with their brother Pat all began to work in the lodging house. In 1977 after realising the popularity of there lunches Johnny and Noreen took the decision to buy a small thatched cottage on College street and turn it into Cronins Restaurant. In 1996 Johnny and Noreen’s son Pat took over the business full time to ensure the family tradition continued. Today much has changed has changed in the Cronins but much of the ideals which Johnny and Norreen had when they first opened in 1957 remain the same , good quality food in a friendly family atmosphere, and with their children and grandchildren still working in the restaurant these ideals shall remain the same.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Shepherds Pie was awesome! I also had the scallops which i wouldn’t do again. I didn’t finish them but the pie made up for it. All the food is steaming hot and though this place required a reservation it was a good time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food . Excellent staff and service . Such a lovely place and so proud to see how each and every customer is treated in a friendly and genuinely helpful way. For such top class food the price is so reasonable . Well done to all . Lovely night

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great experience for a tourist mecca. The lamb and triple baked seafood were excellent. Meals were fairly priced and service was impeccable.

1  Thank TravelLife19
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visited this family run restaurant last evening. Excellent food - I had duck and my wife the Seafood Trio - both cooked to perfection. The desserts were amazing - cheesecake and sticky pudding. The staff were excellent, attentive and very pleasant. Would I revisit? - Yes. Would I recommend this restaurant? Yes - and I have done so.

2  Thank dan492014
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We called in for lunch on our way to Kerry airport. I had fish and chips and my partner had the burger, both of which really good, the burger though, was amazing! The lady working there was such a delight too; she entertained our 6 month old whilst we ate so that we could enjoy our meal. What a lovely, lovely place! Fab!