“Great atmosphere, good food”

Stonechat Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 202 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Asian, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This place is down a small lane so you need to be looking for it off the Main Street. It is worth searching out.

The lighting is low with candles providing most of the light and with lots of little alcoves it was very atmospheric and romantic. Really nice feel to the place.

The food was good (duck breast and lambshanks) and filling, though for me it was very much the restaurant itself and atmosphere that stole the show. Having said that, the apple pie was one of the best I have had for ages when eating out.

Very much recommend the restaurant, though don't expect to be blown away by the food - it is good mind.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Just off the High Street. Lovely setting, quiet cosy corners, chatty staff and gorgeous food. Watch out for the sign on the wall off the Main street.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We came here before heading on to a show in the INEC. We could of stayed here all night. It really is such a relaxing restaurant, where the staff tend to your needs without being too obtrusive. My wife and I love the decor of this restaurant. The food here is just perfect every time. I had the Fillet steak and my wife had the Moroccan stew and homemade hummus. The steak was the best I’ve had and that’s saying something. I have travelled extensively over the years. My wife absolutely loved the stew and cannot wait to go back. The booths here offer an intimate setting for dinner. Definitely the best decorated restaurant in Kilarney. They even have a dungeon style cellar underneath glass paving on the floor. Incredible workmanship to be admired, with top class food on offer. A really relaxing place with excellent food. What more does one need!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The restaurant is on a side street but more effort to find. Our B& B recommended it. The restaurant is in old English décor with low sealing's and esthetic tables and chairs. Romantic spots for two. The service was always there but not in you face, My wife had lamb shank and drooled at it. I had the most amazing steak I have had and especially in Ireland. It was a filet cooked to my med rare to rare desire and the only place In Ireland I got a backed potato. It was our last night or I would have eaten Breakfast ,lunch and diner there. Sorry no pictures since I am have trouble downloading off my IPhone. When I do I will upgrade this post. I could go on and on this was so excellent. If you get to Killarney you will kick yourself if you do not get there. Right off the main street. Thanks you for reading my excitement in the rating.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

What a great restaurant! It is tucked away down a side street off the Main Street of Killarney, and a bit hard to find, but well worth looking for. The décor is eclectic, to say the least, but charming none the less. We did not have a reservation, but they could not have been more accommodating. The Chef even showed us around when we commented on the décor. But the real test of a restaurant is the food, and it was perfection. Everything we had was outstanding, and we found the price for quality served excellent. Skip the big tourist restaurants and find this gem.