“Very tasty although a bit dry”
Review of TGO Falafel Bar

TGO Falafel Bar
Ranked #59 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Tried this place on a day trip to Galway. Many moons ago I used to get their falafel in the market and wanted to go back down memory lane.

Falafel in pitta was delicious. All the ingredients went perfectly together.

My only complaint is that the falafel balls themselves were quite dry. I don't know if the falafel balls were pre-cooked and left out to dry, or if they added some flour or breadcrumbs to the mixture, or perhaps the chickpeas themselves weren't soaked long enough before cooking. They were probably not soaked long enough as I found a hard slice of what looked like a yellow lentil (most likely a hard slice of chickpea) inside the mixture.

Still delicious though. I will probably try another one next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

What a great falafel bar. The food was fresh, delicious and healthy. Glad we found the shop by coincidence. The owners were very nice as well. Its definately worth going there

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Where do I start; Gentleman running the restaurant is a legend in Galway. Excellent produce and quality. Kosher style. My favorite place for lunch. They started selling their own products as well! Simply delicious

1  Thank Daavidgalway
Reviewed 11 April 2017

TGO Falafel bar is a must in Galway 1.if you are hungry (big portions), 2. if you like tasty food (5 stars), 3. like chips (the best in town), 4. vegan (even if you're not, you won't even notice the difference). All their dishes are tasty and filling - try the Arancini balls or the falafel wrap you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank AnoukS4
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is my favourite place to eat in Galway. All the food is vegan except some dishes with dairy. I love the falafel salad or the burger with salad and chips. Great to meet friend and share a mezze platter. I've been a loyal customer for over ten years, before they opened the Bar, portions are generous and service is great.

1  Thank DeeDee2009