All reviewsbreakfast bagquay streetyogurtnespresso machinegreat locationcool hotelclever storagesound machinefantastic barstayed here for one nightlovely boutiquefloor roomrooms are amazingheart of galway citylatin quarterperfect basebar downstairs
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

2 couples staying in the hotel in the last weekend of March. Excellent location within walking distance of everything. The bar attached to the hotel was comfortable, served very tasty food and had excellent live music. The breakfast was very good for continental with tasty ham amd pastrami. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. My only concern would be the noise from the bar downstairs if you were a light sleeper, it didn't bother me personally but one of the party found it a little hard to slerp. Great break!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Residence Hotel and would like to thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor & for sharing your experience.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant and that you found our accommodation to be so comfortable. We are very lucky to have such a central location in our fantastic city, everything is just a few minutes walk from our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days last week and loved it. The receptionist was so helpful checking us in. The room was spotless and comfortable. Prior to staying we read reviews about noise but gladly there was not a sound unless the window was open. The bar had great deals on gin! Was lively and good atmosphere. The only fault i can give is the heat of the towel rack in the bathroom. I burned myself off it twice there may be a way of turning it off but other than that it was great. Would definitely recommend staying here and will be returning myself.

Thanks guys !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review and for sharing your experience of The Residence Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you were so happy with every aspect of your stay and in particular that you found the reception team to be friendly and accommodating during your stay. I have passed your lovely compliments on to all of the team.

I am sorry to hear that the towel rack was very hot, had you let us know at reception we would have turned it off for you, please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort that this may have caused to you. I have passed the information on to the housekeeping and maintenance teams.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Great rooms with great location , lively bar beside which had good deals on. Canā€™t compliment the lovely receptionist enough didnā€™t catch her name but was very helpful with everything. From places to eat and drink to fixing the tv

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Conor M
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience of The Residence Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with every aspect of your stay with us. I was especially delighted that you found the front office staff to be so friendly and helpful during your time with us. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team.

We are very lucky to be located so close to the city centre and just a few minutes walk from all the main attractions and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This is a perfect location because it is right in the middle of all of the shops, restaurants and pubs. However, the bar connected to the hotel plays music very loud and late every night. It is tough to get a good sleep so I wouldn't recommend staying here if you don't plan on partaking in the nightlife and staying out late. The breakfast offered is very minimal and didn't look appealing, so we went to a cafe down the street every morning. The concierge staff was very kind and helpful! Our beds were very uncomfortable and you could feel the springs, but the room size was decent, felt clean, and the bathrooms were nice. Overall, it was a good stay but a little pricey for the quality provided!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Residencegalway, Front Office Manager at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for posting your review for The Residence Hotel on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience.

We are very lucky to be located so close to the city centre and just a few minutes walk from all the main attractions.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the noise from the adjoining business during your stay, we could have happily moved you to a different room had we been made aware of it at the time. I was also disappointed to read that you were unhappy with our bed as usually we receive only positive reviews regarding our accommodation.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this caused during your stay and hope to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This hotel is perfectly located on Quay Street. There are probably a dozen pubs within a block of the front door. Staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are kind of funky, with a boutique hotel vibe. Modern LED lighting, unique artwork, things like that.

Parked in the Spanish Arch garage, and it ended up costing us 20 Euro to park from Wednesday night through Friday morning ā€” a great deal. A couple of quirks to watch out for: the garage doesn't open until 8 AM. If you're leaving early, you can prepay in the garage office the night before. If you don't, you'll have to use the machine and pay full price.

Also, the hotel locks its door at night, meaning you either have to enter through the bar or ring a doorbell. Every time we rang the bell, the staff answered promptly, so it wasn't an issue.

Really enjoyed our stay though, as the location was perfect. Within walking distance to Quay Street, the Long Walk, Eyre Square and more.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you were happy with so many aspects of your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that should you return to Galway that we will have the pleasure of your company for a second time.