1,472 results
All reviews city centre free underground parking the penthouse nice hotel thermal suite busy road next morning eyre square min walk car park would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for one night food was lovely hotel bar enjoyable stay last weekend pillo
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Stayed there for one night, room pleasant enough, clean, we were on the 1st floor and found it quite noisy. Had a very nice lunch. Can't say the same for breakfast, after all the hotels we have stayed it the breakfast was the poorest by far. Hot food cold, had to get your own coffee/ tea, (not that we minded) sat next to an American tourist, you'd swear that she wanted to whole room to hear her conversation. What food we ended up having was not of a good quality and as it was a Friday the rates per room were expensive. This hotel badly needs to be upgraded. I think these are fair comments,

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
MaldronSandyRdGalway, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Elaine,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It was diappointing that your breakfast was not up to standard. Please be assured that your comments have been taken on board and we have shared them with the team to ensure that a focus is placed on this area.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I was fortunate that I could not get my first choice hotel, which was closer to the city center. I wound up in the Maldron, and it turned out to be a much better choice. The hotel is modern. My room was very large and clean. I used the restaurant for breakfast and one dinner, and the food surpassed my expectations. The manager is active, helping out where needed and asking guests if anything is required. A taxi costs to midtown costs 6 Euros. I would not suggest walking. Tours made pickups right at the door, so that was no problem. When my tour to the Aran Islands was cancelled because of the weather, the lovely desk clerk assisted me to arrange an alternate tour that was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review on your stay with us. We always strive to provide the best possible service for our guests and it is always lovely to hear that we are doing a good job. We hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Ireland.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

we stayed for two nights in August.The room was comfortable and the restaurant pleasant. The food was good value but the second evening we had to wait over half an hour to be served as a tour bus had arrived and it was very busy with not enough staff to cope. The spa is very nice.

Room Tip: our room was overlooking air conditioning units at back which emitted a constant hum though not noisy enough to keep awake
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Marian,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologise that you had a wait for food service on your second evening. Unfortunately, it was busier than we anticipated which led to the delay. I am glad that you had time to experience our lovely spa.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel was not my most favorite on our tour of Ireland. But it was clean and had a good hearty breakfast. It's quite a walk from the heart of Galway (which I wasn't impressed with either. It's really busy and kind of dirty. Think Dublin or Belfast busy.)

The rooms were clean and quiet and there is an Apache pizza just around the corner as well as a food mart/gas station for snackies. The beds were comfortable and rooms were quiet.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Julie,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us while touring Ireland. I am glad that overall you were happy with your room and breakfast. Your feedback has been shared with the staff.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We go here a lot for lunch. The food here under new management is a lot better than before! Loads of healthy options for lunch - a good protein kale wrap / for the Friday treat some chicken and chips. We would like to see some more variety for healthy salads but overall cant fault it. Full Irish breakfast and coffee for a tenner too.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
MaldronSandyRdGalway, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Colin,

Thank you for your very kind review. It is great to hear that you enjoy dining with us on a regular basis. I have shared your nice comments with the chefs.