All reviews eyre square night porter christmas market central location car park excellent location lovely city galway city train station shop street scones breakfast room stayed for one night room was large would highly recommend this hotel noise receptionist
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Met up with brother after work for lunch
He was with friends from Boston USA and found the staff were excellent, very friendly, food was great and good value
The guys were impressed with Galway for their 1st ever visit to Ireland and felt at home

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank sean2francis
Skeffingtonmanager, Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear sean2francis,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your group had a really positive dining experience in our bar, The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I will make sure to pass your very kind comments onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you all back to The Skeff on the next visit to Galway!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights traveling as part of a large group of friends. My hotel room was on the second floor and was very very basic and plain, to be honest it was very disappointing for what I paid for the 2 nights. My view from the window was into another hotel room almost 2 metres away. There was a intermittent smell of sewage from the bathroom during the night, very strange. The breakfast was disappointing, if you are staying in the hotel I would suggest saving your money (and taste buds) and opt for one of the nice coffee shops located next to the hotel instead for breakfast. The scrambled egg in this hotel is not scrambled egg,I don't care what anyone tells me. Almost all of our group who made the mistake of ordering it for breakfast agreed, disgusting.
We did order dinner on the Friday night and it as fine, the staff were also good and did look after us during the meal. I did love the open fire in the bar area, beautiful. The smell and atmosphere it created was nice. The main attraction to stay in this hotel for us was the location to the train and square itself, but if I have to head back to the location again for night away with the other half, I would be looking for a different hotel to stay in....

Date of stay: January 2018
3  Thank shaneodaking
Skeffingtonmanager, Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear shaneodaking,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel and apologies that your time with us was such a disappointing one. When you have a moment could you contact me on ashling@theskeff.ie with the date of your stay- this information will allow me to fully follow up on your feedback with both our kitchen and reception team. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I hope, in the future, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Skeffington Arms Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Clean, good price, big rooms, centrally located, little minus: standard furniture but the hotel comes along with a HUGE bar - biggest in Galway. We enjoyed our stay at Skeffingtons Arms Hotel on our way to the arran islands.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Skeffingtonmanager, Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your time with us was an enjoyable one and that you got to experience our Skeff Bar- we are blessed to have Galway's largest bars as part of the hotel and with 6 bars under the one roof there is definitely some fun times to be had! We look forward to welcoming you back to both the hotel and the bar in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The location of the hotel was perfect, right in the middle of the city. We had a really warm welcome and the staff were very friendly and made some great suggestions for place to eat, pubs etc. On that note the attached pub was excellent and is well worth a visit. They also run a free walking tour but due to us being there at New Year it wasn't on. The room and facilities were excellent. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean with a great shower. We got a fantastic price for the room and will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Skeffingtonmanager, Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Tim H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your time with us was a most enjoyable one and that you got to experience all the wonderful things Galway city has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2018 for another visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Spent one night in this Hotel recently. On arrival we were met by a very friendly girl in reception. The room was good size and had all the basics. One big problem with the room was the heating was not working properly. The room was very cold. On arrival for breakfast the next morning we were met by a very friendly waitress. The breakfast was excellent. It was freshly cooked and plenty to eat. It was well priced and you could park your car for €10 for 24 hours was I thought good value . If the heating was working this would be a good hotel to stay in.

Room tip: Make sure the heating is working in the rooms
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Skeffingtonmanager, Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear merdedes220,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel and apologies with the issues that your experienced regarding the heating in your room. We here at The Skeffington Arms appreciate all feedback that we receive as it is a great way to continue to grow and improve as a business. When you have an opportunity could you contact our Front Office Manager, Lisa, on lisa@skeffington.ie as she wishes to discuss your stay further with you. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Skeffington Arms Hotel in the future.