1,972 results
All reviewskids clubconnaught hotelleisure centrebusy hotelgreat family hotelbig hotelswimming poolfamily roomfamily breakbar foodreception stafffood was lovelygalway citygalway racesfew drinkslast weekendboth nights
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I stayed in The Connacht Hotel last weekend for my friends Hen. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very clean and pretty spacious. All the staff I met were very friendly. We had a meal and cocktails in the restaurant and the food was great.

When I left on Sunday I didn't realise that I had left my necklace in the room, it was a silver necklace that I loved and had received as a gift. It wasn't until Tuesday that I realised that it was missing. I phoned the hotel that morning and spoke with Sharon Fallon in accommodation and described the necklace and where I left it in the room. She took my details and called me back shortly thereafter saying she found it. Sharon wrapped my necklace up very carefully and posted it down to me in Cork and I received it today. I am so grateful for the care and honesty. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Suzanne B
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Team at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and posting your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and it was wonderful to read that you were reunited with your very special necklace. Sharon will be thrilled that you received it back in the post safely.

We appreciate that you and your group chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I booked into the Connacht hotel on Friday 19th Feb along with 22 guests and this was for my 50th birthday our other gusts arriving on 20th feb from the moment we checked in to our hotel we were met with some of the most amazing friendly helpful staff I have ever encountered. this hotel was fully booked but every person was treated as if they were the only guest there the courtesy and attention to anything we requested was truly wonderful. i had guests from USA Uk and from all over Ireland and each and every one were 100 per cent satisfied. I would recommend this hotel for the high standards cleanness and hospitality they just could not do enough and food was by far 5 star from the bar food to our wonderful meal in the restaurant where we had a sitting of 26 guests. i would like to thank all the staff for making our stay so special an such an unforgettable weekend.

Room Tip: all rooms were 100 percent
3  Thank Colleen M

Dear Colleen,

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your very special birthday celebration. It was our absolute pleasure to look after you and all your family and friends for such a very happy occassion.

We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience by posting your review and thank you for your very positive feedback, in particular regarding our Team's friendliness and helpfulness.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you and your family again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Booked the Connaught hotel for a 2 night midweek break for my wife and I and our 5 year old daughter. The hotel is quite large and can be quite busy. We found the family room large and comfortable, the food very nice and the pool very good, especially for kids.
It is a short drive outside of Galway centre but as I drove, this was not an issue.
Most of the staff are Irish and all were very pleasant.
In summary, we enjoyed our stay and I'd be happy to stay here again.

1  Thank DublinBowie

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Team at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your and your family stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Called here for bar food - had burger and was so disappointed as it was a bought burger - not home made - which is not acceptable in a hotel now - not a bit tasty - my sister had the fish & chips which was better - the service was ok

1  Thank annef918
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Anne,

I am so sorry that your last dining experience with us was so unsatisfactory for you and your sister. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and we thank you feedback.

We are sure that should you visit us again, you will find that your experience will be greatly improved both food quality and service.

We hope that you will offer us the opportunity to re-establish your faith in us by returning to visit us and perhaps visiting the new Ryan Room for Sunday Lunch.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Had a great stay in this hotel. There was a really buzz about all day and even when we came back that night at 3am. Staff were very friendly and approachable.. Cocktails in the bar are lovely! Rooms are basic but clean and just what you need. Definitely recommended if you in Galway.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on" Tripadvisor". We were delighted that you had such a positive experience while staying with us.

We are delighted to read that you would recommend the hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards