Review Highlights
Very well incorporated!

Really amazing how they've incorporated the walls into the shopping centre without ruining them at... read more

Reviewed 19 November 2018
jessmurphy99
Dundalk, Ireland
Unusual but work

Lovely to see the beautiful walls included in a modern shopping centre. The information on the wall... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
JenK105
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from USD 34.71
from USD 126.12
from USD 34.71
from USD 52.07
More Info
All reviews eyre square modern shopping odd place spanish arch quay street history structure plaques preserve tower parts
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Great to see these ancient structures were not lost under 20c development. Not really worth a special trip to see them but if your passing the shopping centre then pop in

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Love that this wall was incorporated into the modern architecture of a mall. So many old relics and ruins are destroyed since they have no functional use, so this was really wonderful to see. It’s also much larger than expected.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank akacicz
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Idea of preserving the medieval city walls of the city is great idea. The fact they're inside a shopping centre made it really novel. I would absolutely recommend taking a look if you're near by but the shopping centre is a bit of a dump. I was there with my Mum & thought we'd grab some food or have a bit of a shop whilst there but after about a minute we realised, see the wall & leave was the best idea. We ate elsewhere

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank PepalaPow23
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We were in the shopping mall when we came upon the medieval city walls. I have to give them credit for incorporating them into the mall so beautifully. If you did not know it, you would think that the builders just included this as an architectural feature. It really adds a great detail to an otherwise ordinary shopping mall.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Had I not been with a friend who knows the city well I would never have discovered this incredible medieval wall of Galway. I had lunch beside it as there is a large choice of restaurants along the wall. A good place to have a lunch or a refreshment break.

Date of experience: October 2017