Review Highlights
Unusual but work

Lovely to see the beautiful walls included in a modern shopping centre. The information on the wall... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JenK105
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile
Great to see some old wall tastfully preserved

Pleasant surprise in a new shopping centre to see part of the old city wall. Very well integrated... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from USD 46.80
from USD 35.10
from USD 35.10
More Info
All reviews eyre square modern shopping odd place spanish arch quay street structure history plaques preserve tower parts
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Love that this wall was incorporated into the modern architecture of a mall. So many old relics and ruins are destroyed since they have no functional use, so this was really wonderful to see. It’s also much larger than expected.

1  Thank akacicz
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Idea of preserving the medieval city walls of the city is great idea. The fact they're inside a shopping centre made it really novel. I would absolutely recommend taking a look if you're near by but the shopping centre is a bit of a dump. I was there with my Mum & thought we'd grab some food or have a bit of a shop whilst there but after about a minute we realised, see the wall & leave was the best idea. We ate elsewhere

1  Thank PepalaPow23
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We were in the shopping mall when we came upon the medieval city walls. I have to give them credit for incorporating them into the mall so beautifully. If you did not know it, you would think that the builders just included this as an architectural feature. It really adds a great detail to an otherwise ordinary shopping mall.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Had I not been with a friend who knows the city well I would never have discovered this incredible medieval wall of Galway. I had lunch beside it as there is a large choice of restaurants along the wall. A good place to have a lunch or a refreshment break.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Inside the shopping centre but look fresh and new as if built a couple of years ago good feature to the shopping centre

1  Thank Am M