Review Highlights
Stopped the China Palace for a quick dinner

Had traditional chinese food, lo mein with vegetables, chow mein, We enjoyed our meal. was very... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2016
Kathy M
Rome, Georgia
Sad To See the Royal Tara Close

Reviewed 10 October 2003
Happiness12427
Pensacola, Fl

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I had been given a gift of a Royal Tara Clock about ten years ago. In 2012, while trying to change a battery, I inadvertedly knocked one of the hands off. I phoned Royal Tara and spoke to Catherine, who sent me a replacement clock. The clock was not the right one, so I telephoned Catherine and explained my dilemna. Catherine advised me, that on my next visit to Galway to bring the clock back. I did and I met Catherine who went looking for the appropriate clock and was unable to find one. Catherine assured me that there was one but she would have to post it to me. She refunded the cash for wrong one and today I received the right one - at no charge. This to me was a wonderful approach to business and it replaced my Faith in Human Nature. Next time, I need a gift, I will not pass Royal Tara China in the beautiful and ancient City of Galway Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Date of experience: January 2013
6  Thank 791aidanw
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I may have misunderstood, but there is not a factory tour, but just a gift shop. I spoke to the girl at the gift centre and she informed me that they do produce china in Galway but most of it now comes from China. It was hard to find and not worth the time at all. We were just there last week.

4  Thank lelaanne
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Royal Tara is open for business again in Galway since 2004 after a brief closure. I know alot of people I talked to are still confused about this. It is still located in it's original beautiful surrounds in a 19th Century Georgian Style house in Mervue. It has gotten bigger and better with it's vast range of new and exciting gifts. People always leave having received value for money and the perpect gift as I have noticed when I brought in friends and relatives.

It is still open 7 days a week with free parking and stress free shopping. Royal Tara offers very competitive shipping rates to all their friends of Royal Tara abroad and are only 2 delighted to send that special gift to your loved one anywhere in the world which we were delighted with so once we had bought and paid for our gifts we didn't need worry bout carrying them or getting them home.
Pop in for a browse where the staff are sure to give you 100% attention to help you find that special something or offer some directions if they cannot help. It is a very pleasant place to pass an hour or 2. I am looking forward to going back again this year in the Summer.

From a good friend and customer of Royal Tara.
Sally (Uk)

2  Thank cathburke26
Reviewed 30 January 2005

I am just home and have visited Royal Tara while I was on my holidays. They are reopened since June last year. Im so delighted to have gotten to go and see the beautiful house and showrooms. It was totally amazing and I have fallen in love with every piece I seen. They have lots of little gifts as well as lots of home ware which are so beautiful. I ordered a shipping and all my thingss arrived today. Im going back in 6 months and Im gona buy 10 times as much as I did. Everyone should go and visit it.

4  Thank Sherpa37773
Reviewed 10 October 2003

My husband and I just returned from our third trip to Ireland. While in Galway, we made our third trip to Royal Tara China to add to our collection of fine gift items and hand painted china. We were so sad to learn that Royal Tara is closing their doors. An employee there attributed it to the high cost of labor. Truly a loss for Galway and for lovers of all fine things Irish. Thank heavens Galway Crystal and it's Heritage Center still seem to be thriving. As I understand it, Royal Tara will close permantly in December. So if you are lucky enough to own some of this fine hand crafted china; hold onto it for your children and your children's children.

6  Thank Happiness12427