All reviews eyre square great location train station triple room shop street full irish breakfast yogurt galway city pubs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in this hotel many times and found it nice but on a recent visit was very disappointed with the bar and the new area for breakfast. The trouble started on the Friday night when we decided to stay in the bar were there was music on but this only began when below us there was a race night been held and they were so loud we couldn’t hear the band who were only at the end on the bar. We asked the staff could they ask them to tone it down which had no affect and continued on just as loud , we also heard them mention they had been asked but couldn’t give a s—h .the following morning we went for breakfast and seen the changes there as they had a small hot buffet of sausages bacon scrambled egg and some cold cereals which was a big change to what use to occur. We were ask our room number and informed to help our selves to whatever we wished there which was a limited selection , I asked if they did fried eggs and was told they could do that but no other information . The Sunday morning was the same except we noticed the staff were placing menus on some tables not all and we happened to be beside one of these tables so had a look thinking it was an early lunch menu but discovered it was a breakfast menu were you could order a full Irish breakfast and other items which was not passed on to us at any time during this stay. There was no information from any of the staff about this over the two days and the person at reception appeared surprised when informed but st that stage to late for us so just check before beginning your breakfast if staying there because we were not informed over the period we stayed

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulfromDublin
EyreSquareHotel2, Guest Relations Manager at Eyre Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear PaulfromDublin,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review us after your recent stay.We value all feedback in the continuous review and improvement of the service we offer.

I can only offer my sincere apologies that on this occasion you were not satisfied with the service provided during this stay. As you mentioned this is not the usual service you would be used to receiving and please be assured it is not the service we intend on offering going forward.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to us again to rectify our shortcomings.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to make a future reservation.

Kind Regards,
Brianna O'Brien
bobrien@eyresquarehotel.com

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

No car park. Reception very bare, just a few cheap looking "eather" style sofas.
I asked for a room on the ground floor with no stairs, as my case was heavy and I have arthritis. I was a assured no steps, there were 7 steps!
Room was small,no plugs beside beds, a pet hate.
No air con, left window open but so much noise from kitchen staff in yard below my window at 12 midnight, I had to close it. Rang reception repeatedly from 11.15pm to 12.30 am to complain but no one answering phone, despite 24hrs reception desk cover (allegedly! !)
Breakfast cold and service poor, will never stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Denise2700

Dear Denise2700,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review us after your recent stay.We value all feedback in the continuous review and improvements of the services we offer.

I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay.

As you may have noticed we are in the midst of doing renovations throughout the hotel and all of our public areas including reception will be redecorated in the coming months.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly in relation to your comments about our staff and our service, the comments made would not be the usual we would receive so I would like to address it with the relevant departments.

If you could contact me directly on bobrien@eyresquarehotel.com I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards,

Brianna O'Brien

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel recently. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and our room was clean,comfortable and newly decorated. The breakfast was very tasty and had plenty of choice. The hotel is ideally located for walking around the city, and is right beside the train station. I would most definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

It was in a great spot but I have never encountered such rude and indifferent staff. The minute we arrived, hot and tired, the reception guy was rude and uninterested. The breakfast staff had to be asked to serve us and when they did it was with no interest whatsoever!
There was one guy in the bar who was great, his customer service was commendable. One out of a dozen or so is definitely not good enough. The room was dark and had scaffolding outside the window so it did not open, which added to the complaints!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sharonhollington
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Spent a few days there this month . Firstly we weren’t too overwhelmed at reception by the clerk on duty there.
He said we weren’t booked in and that they were full up. I knew I was booked in and liable for the the cost of the stay as I had given my credit card details over the phone to the girl who took the booking.The manner of the clerk was quite unprofessional for someone in the hotel business. Anyway I persisted and it turned out the girl on the phone had taken my name down wrong. No apology .
After unpacking we were leaving the phone and the clerk bade us a cheery goodbye as if nothing had happened.
This was enough for me to tell him I had never met such cheek in all my life. He looked amazed- what had I done!!
Anyway, we found the room quite adequate- everything worked and was clean. The hotel is conveniently situated in the centre of Galway.
Breakfast is substantial although my scrambled eggs were exceedingly runny . The breakfast area is quite nice with some nice features.
Would I go back again? Maybe. The price would need to be a good bit lower. Also, drinks at the bar are breathtaking. That too would need to be reduced. And the chap at the desk could do with retraining.

Stayed: August 2018