All reviewseyre squaregreat locationbit datedtrain stationcentral locationhotel barspent nightswould stay againaran islandsfew minutes walkirish breakfastgalway citypubsmohercliffssalthill
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We got an amazing offer on escapes.ie for 2 nights BnB with a cocktail on arrival for €99. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff were very welcoming and friendly from receptionists to the bar staff. Our room was located on the 1st floor and it was spacious, warm and newly renovated. The bed was huge and the shower was lovely and warm. The hotel is located in Galway City Centre and is so close to everything. We got a bus to salthill one day and the bus stop was right around the corner from the hotel. I will definitely be staying in this hotel the next time I return to Galway.

1  Thank LyngC3
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Only fault I found was they were doing renovations in the hotel early in the morning that's why I didn't give 5/5. Apart from that I couldn't fault this hotel it's right off eyre square which was perfect for me and the room was very clean and tidy. Would stay again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank danmca12
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The Walls are like cardboard. We could hear every stag and hen party on the same floor. Worst 2 nights in a hotel I’ve ever had. No peep hole on door so when a fight broke out on our floor we couldn’t tell where it was as we wanted to leave but didn’t want to open the door. Bathroom was very poorly maintained. Breakfast was average but very little choice, considering the price. My stay for 2 nights on a Friday - Sunday cost €278 which considering the experience we had was completely unjustified. Will never stay here again and definitely would not recommend it to anybody.

2  Thank Amy O
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and have to say we enjoyed our stay. On arrival there was construction going on but finished at 5pm and they didnt work on the weekend which was a plus. Old style hotel if your like that and great location on Eyre square. Have to sah not impressed with the bar, freezing cold, after coming in from been cold outside all you want is a nice coffee in the warmt. Didnt have dinner here so cant comment on that. Breakfast the next morning was beautiful and service was very friendly. Will return again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I were checking in to this hotel last Friday. We knew we made a mistake by the number of drunk "lads" at the front desk who were also checking in. It was 2:30 PM and they were already drunk with multiple drinks in their hands which they left in the lobby. That night, really Saturday morning, at 2:30 AM a loud group of drunk Irish were making quite a bit of noise outside our room door. I opened the door and politely asked them to lower their voices. One of the drunks made reference to my mother and told me to step outside so he could beat my face in. I haven't killed anyone since Vietnam, but I was tempted. I smiled and closed the door. Hotel security did come up to access the situation.

There were NO electrical outlets in the room. NO Wifi in the room, only in the lobby. The TV had about 5 channels with NO station list in the room. Very few towels. The room was dark, dated, and dingy (spelling?). The only good thing I can say is the breakfast was very good. The price was not reasonable for what we got. The hotel staff never apologized nor asked us at checkout how everything went or if we enjoyed our stay.

In short avoid this hotel.

M. Greg MIller
Millersville, PA, USA & Ennis, County Clare

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple