“Nice little spot.”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for afternoon tea after finishing up at the Galway city museum. Good spread and excellent tea. Chintzy for sure and the dolls were a tad creepy but the food and drink were great.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Cupan Tae with our teenage daughter and her friend and it was amazing!! The restaurant was adorable and the food and tea was superb! We highly recommend that everyone visiting Galway try and stop here for tea or to eat!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had the afternoon tea, beautifully presented by friendly staff - careful, though, the food is deliciously rich and deceptively "light" - we didn't need dinner later! Great place to spend a couple afternoon hours visiting and people-watching - highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Prettiest food place i've seen in a while, with superb tasting food to match. With an impressive selection of tea and cakes as well as light lunch options placed in a spot where you can view out to Galway bay and watch people go by! Definitely a must - even for a quick coffee and cake!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I wasn't looking for a tea shop, but it was around noonish and the china cups hanging in the window caught my eye. When I entered, I was greeted by multiple of the staff, who were all very pleasant and attentive through the visit. I ended up ordering the Afternoon Tea, with the shop's personal Earl Grey blend, as per was recommended. The food was quite tasty, including some very pretty little cakes, and delicious scones. They were moist, light, and airy. Combined with the Irish butter, cream, and jam, they were the best part of the tea. I will probably end up going back before I leave Galway just for more of their scones. In summery, if you're looking for a nice quiet place to enjoy some tea or pastries, try here, as it's very near the museum, shops, and other Galway attractions.