“Poor customer service”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Galway
Price range: USD 9 - USD 14
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch April 5th with 3 friends, one asked for soup, waitress advised tomato but had to go to kitchen to check. Returned and advised there was 1 portion of tomato left but that there was also mushroom. My friend who does not like tomato soup, asked for mushroom...was told that could not have mushroom until tomato finished. Being rather surprised I asked why, appeared the tomato soup was on the stove, not the mushroom. Now what kind of nonsense is that...or what kind of customer service?

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Shop at front, with restaurant behind. Great choice of breads, cakes, tarts, etc.etc. Had to resist their cakes, so had croissant & tartlet - excellent! Coffee good too. Got served quickly. Shop was busy, but plenty of room in restaurant. Toilet could have been better. Good food and good value.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Had a snack in the Gourmet Tart Company, Salthill, just recently. Having never visited before I had no idea what to expect, but I came away really satisfied. This establishment has a small bakery shop to the front and a lovely seated area to the rear. First impressions were that this is a well run business and that is the impression I left with as well. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and made sure all our needs were met. The food which is mainly of the light snack variety was very tasty and priced just about right. Drinks on offer included teas, coffee's and wines as well as juices and the like. It's a must visit for me the next time I'm in Salthill.

1  Thank william l
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We often call into the Gourmet Tart during our frequent visits to Galway.
It is a great place to start your day with delicious food and coffees.The Full Irish breakfast is great value and the almond croissants come highly recommended!They also have delicious options for lunch and their falafels with Asian slaw and home made pies are terrific.
The staff are exceptional,very professional friendly and welcoming.
The cafe also has a delicious array of foods available in their shop at the front of the restaurant.
A great place to chill out,enjoy a chat,read the paper and enjoy the tasty food.

1  Thank chillzone2017
Reviewed 10 February 2018

It had been quite some time since we had eaten in Salthill’s “Gourmet Tart”. The café was very busy but not full on the day of our latest visit,

We were quickly given menus and we ordered coffees while we studied these.
After quite a long delay, a waitress returned to take our order. I ordered the special of the day – fish and chips. My wife ordered the beef burger. Again something of a delay, but eventually the dishes arrived. The burger which was very large was dressed with salad, tomato and bacon; it was well cooked and also very tasty. It was served with chips.

My fish (Hake, I was told) was well cooked, and very enjoyable. It had a slightly greasy flavour, though this was not nearly as bad as I have experienced elsewhere. The chips were also good.

While the food was up to standard, the behaviour of some of the clientele was most definitely not. The table behind us was occupied by four late-teen-age school girls.
Their conversation was loud, and at times, quite raucous. Much worse was the fact that they kept tying their hair up, the untying it again. They did this repeatedly, waving their hair around with wild abandon.

While this was unsettling, even worse was the behaviour of a man seated close to us in the next isle. He too had long hair, which, in a manner very similar. to the school girls, he kept handling and tossing it around ad nausium. I will say of the girls that their hair at least looked clean, his did not. We were surprised that no member of staff attempted to stop these public hair dressing sessions in the interests of hygiene.

Apart from the behaviour of our fellow diners, the meal was enjoyable, and at a total cost of €24.40 was reasonably priced.