“The Charcoal Grill-Turkish Cuisine in Galway”
Review of The Charcoal Grill

The Charcoal Grill
Ranked #77 of 502 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish Kebab restaurants in the heart of Galway. All our Kebabs are made fresh on our premises and are very reasonably priced. We offer a full take away menu with delicious chargrilled burgers to our own homemade taco sauce fries. For our vegetarians we have lovely homemade falafel and humus which are very popular. Enjoy eat in or take out. We also offer a delivery service from 5pm daily. Open Mon -Sun 11.30 til 3am... Prospect hill Galway
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Our tour group was spending the night in Galway, so what luck to be booked into a hotel that was a short walk from a pedestrianized section of Galway off of Quay Street. In need of a substantial sit-down dinner, my wife and I headed into the neighborhood, reminiscent after dark of the Latin Quarter in Paris. With numerous restaurants vying for our custom we happened upon The Charcoal Grill, a Turkish restaurant. It was a clear choice, having recently traveled to Turkey, so in we went. It’s a cozy, unassuming establishment, always a promising characteristic in my opinion, but big on welcoming you and serving you an ample meal of good food for a modest price. That’s exactly what we received. One item on the menu in particular called out to us, and when it arrived at our table, we were wide-eyed and practically drooling to see in front of us a large platter of savory grilled meats (lamb, chicken, beef, mostly on skewers) served on a bed of rice, with salad, pita bread, and chips (French fries). A pitcher of cold water was provided as well. This was a veritable feast, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was delicious from start to finish. All the food was of a high quality and expertly prepared—and more than the two of us could eat all at once, although we tried our best! We took the leftovers with us. All this for a mere 19 euros! Our meal at The Charcoal Grill was a highlight of the day and a travel dining experience we will fondly remember.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

So I live charcoal grill and have done for years but this experience has really turned me off! I have dealt with their rude stag in the past but tonight they were lovely but to my dislike I received a kebab on top of a naan! Not even in the pitta! I did not look T the food till I got home and I see now why it was prepared so quickly! I am quite frankly done with paying e7.20 for a blob of meat on top of a bit of bread!!

1  Thank aoifkxox
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here on several occasions and found it to be very nice. However my last visit made me never want to return. I ordered a large lamb kebab, and i was annoyed with what arrived. A pitta bread with 4 pieces of lamb and the rest of the box stuffed with cabbage. How can you possibly charge people €8 for that. It was an absolute rip off.

1  Thank ogz
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Great take away food, although you can sit in if you want. We got a mix mash of food, everything from chips, curry chips, kebabs etc. All was yummy, perfect for when you are just in the mood for that kind of food. Staff are friendly too.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Was in the humour of fish and chips and wanted somewhere to sit in and have it so decided on the Charcoal Grill as I had visited before and was impressed with the kebabs.

We were greeted by friendly staff once we entered and told to go upstairs and the waitress would take out orders.

Food arrived and the fish portion looked drab and as if it had been heated up several times. It also tasted this way too. The batter was very hard that it hurt my mouth and gums several times when biting into it. The fish was pretty tasteless also.

As said previously I had a kebab here several years ago, but the fish and chips I would definitely not have again.

1  Thank Jason D