“Average pub”

Ranked #118 of 528 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Uniquely designed busy bar in the heart of Galway city center serving wholesome, quality food. 6 bars under the one roof including a thriving whiskey bar and cocktail bar - sit back enjoy some delicious food and drinks whilst overlooking Eyre Square. The Skeff Bar & Kitchen really is Galway's meeting place.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here to warm up and have some drinks. Good pub - absolutely huge. Nice decor. Didn't eat but the menu looked okay.

Very nice toilets.

AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Rachel B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. It was great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to try our food menu.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

went in for lunch but was told to go over and order in another location...so i dint bother and just had a pint and watched the TV until my train arrived, may return to try the food as i am always in the area.

AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear skybus320,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. We hope to welcome you back to The Skeff for our new lunch service which is starting late April!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere having a few pints and lunch. Great value delicious food and very pleasant staff especially Ellen
Highly recommend The Skeff in Eyre Square Galway

Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. I was delighted to read that your time with us was really enjoyable and I will make sure to pass your very kind comments on to Ellen. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen in the near future.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Recently came in here for a drink with my boyfriend . Asked the guy behind the bar for a gin and tonic and a Morgan and coke he slammed 2 gin and diet cokes down in front of me . I asked for the drinks that i had originally ordered and I was shocked at his rude reaction . I then said I was paying with card and he said "oh for gods sake" under his breath . He then proceeded to say to another guy "can't wait for a pint tonight ". Well I hope the experience he had wherever he went for a pint was better than my one. Plenty of nice bars just around the corner

AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear nikral94,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen and apologies that your time with us was so disappointing. Service like you received is totally unacceptable and I will make sure to follow up on it with our team. When you have a moment could you email me on ashling@theskeff.ie with the date and rough time of your visit- this information will allow me to fully follow up with the individual who was your server. Apologies again for the poor experience you had with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Such a cozy pub to sit in!! I absolutely loved this place when we went for dinner, and the food was really delicious too which made the dinner perfect. The cottage pie in particular was really good, as well as the garlic and Chili shrimps which I miss already. The staff is really friendly and the food was served quickly despite how busy the pub was. They also offer a wide selection of beers.

AshlingDudley, Manager at The Skeff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Chloe B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen. It was great to read that you had a really enjoyable time with us and I will make sure to pass your very kind comments on to the whole team. We look forward to to welcoming you back to The Skeff Bar & Kitchen for some more good food and fun times.

Warm wishes,