“Tasty asian fusion food with a bustling atmosphere”
Review of The Lemon Grass

The Lemon Grass
Ranked #975 of 2,889 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 22 - USD 29
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was taken to The Lemon Grass for dinner by our hosts while on a short business trip to Dublin. The restaurant was located within a hotel that had a fading facade. There was quite a large group (about 12) so we had to sit across two adjacent tables - this did have the downside that it felt like we were two separate parties. The place had a dark atmosphere, I'm not sure if this was because of the dimmed lights or dark stained wall cladding, it certainly felt like we were in a noisy private room rather than an open plan restaurant - this is not a criticism as I quite liked the vibe. There was a mixture of couples and families eating at the restaurant on this Monday night. Drinks were offered quickly, although they were a little slow to arrive. A reasonable if unremarkable selection of beers and wines were on offer, by the glass and bottle. The food was very much asian fusion, I had a sashimi starter with a thai prawn curry for my main. The food was full of flavour although I felt the portions were a little on the small side. I did not feel hungry at the end so perhaps the food was more rich than I thought. As we were guests for the evening, I was not paying for the meal but a quick glance at the price list suggested this was a mid priced restaurant. Overall, I enjoyed the tasty fusion selection, I was a bit bemused by the dark decor and the oddly bustling ambience. A decent if unremarkable place to eat.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Saturday night dinner.
This restaurant is very good, wasn’t very busy but food was excellent, I had a beef dish and it was top notch.
My wife had chicken and she was very impressed, very quick service and staff were very good.
If your in Liffey Valley it’s well worth a go.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The service was excellant the food was very good we did not have a reservation but that was not a problem on the evening in question

We really enjoyed the evening

I would not hesitate to go there again

best wishes

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I ate here with friends at Christmas. Have been here several times and the food is always of the same high standard. Will return soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Great Thai food. I wasn't planning on having a 3 course meal but just couldn't resist as the menu looked so good. I had tempura brie with a spicy apple chutney for starter. Delish! The batter was so light and the chutney had a lovely clove flavour. For mains Nasi Goreng; big portion and a gorgeous flavour. Dessert was Spanish ice cream with figs and sultanas and was lush!! I was really impressed with the food and the restaurant is comfortable with helpful and friendly staff. Well worth a visit or if you are lucky to live in the area get a take away.