“Great for lunch”
Review of Forno

Forno
Ranked #919 of 2,853 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 11 - USD 22
Description: FORNO is a modern Italian café restaurant right in the heart of Donnybrook, beside the fire station. The emphasis is on great food and friendly service in a casual and relaxed environment. The building was originally a brickworks and has been restored and rebuilt to provide a sympathetic backdrop for hearty Italian inspired food. We source the best of local ingredients and combine them with great Italian imports - cured meats, cheeses, olive oils and vinegars to produce delicious pizzas and pastas. We use free-range Irish meats and locally sourced sustainable fish, where possible. Our steaks are all dry aged for a minimum of 28 days. Our baristas take great pride in their skills and we use the finest blend of Arabica beans to create our coffees. We bake a range of gluten free cakes and pastries in house and our salads are made fresh in house each day.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I go here regularly when meeting up with friends. I love their salads. There is a lot of room there so it's really handy for mum's with little kids / strollers. Staff are friendly and the food is good!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Just had a meal in Forno with 5 of my family . We all enjoyed the meal and the helpings were excellent . The food was well presented and tasty .

The staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful

Good quality food in a clean and friendly envirement. It also allows BYO without corkage so its really good value

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Liked the ambience here, very casual. Staff were very attentive, food very nice (had calimari to start, seafood pasta for main) and great value. We had a glass of prosseco followed by a very nice glass of house red.

I'm nitpicking here but only slight complaint is that music was a bit too upbeat & speakers sounded a bit tinny - we were there for an evening meal. I know music is such a subjective thing but something a bit more low key and ambient on better speakers would have made a difference. My nitpicking aside, will definitely go back, great restaurant.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I have been here 3-4 times for breakfast (my favourite) and lunch,I was happy on all occasions and received great service and quality of food every time, the open for evening dinner now and I will have to give it a shot.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely food , friendly staff and very reasonable prices.
Will defo go back.