“Looking to eat the bet steak in Dublin”
Review of F.X. Buckley

F.X. Buckley
Ranked #11 of 2,774 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 0 - USD 59
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Serving Ireland's best steak in Temple Bar, a traditional Irish steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the finest that Irish produce has to offer in combination with the finest wines, cocktails and spirits to cater for all tastes and budgets. The Buckley Family has built a reputation as purveyors of quality meats for over six generations. Francis Xavier opened his first butcher shop on Moore Street in 1930 and this soon became awell-known Dublin institution. Since then it was part of a natural progression to open our own steakhouses around the city and serve our famous beef from our butchers to your table.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This restaurant was recommended by a friendly taxi driver.
In the heart of the Temple Bar area, this is probably where you will find the best steak in town.
Matured for a minimum of 28 days, FXB offers a choice of Irish steak which will make your mouth water. I had the 22 oz. rib-eye on the bone and frankly it was the best piece of steak I have ever eaten. A bit on the expensive side but it's worth it.

Reservation is essential!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,619)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I visited this great resturant with a business partner. He has been here many times before and I know why we went. Great food, service and atmosphere. The steak was perfect cooked medium rare (warm but red in the middle). The starters and pudding were winners as well. A great evening of Good food. The price was quite high, but i find you generally get what you pay for. The cheesecake was good specofixallt because it was not to sweet and was more cheesie (funny that!). The scallops starter was also very good, but a small portion. Don't worry as the mains will fill you up though. The star was the steak as you would expect. I will be back here next time I am in Dublin. Fabolous Wine choice.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Nearly the entire city shut down for Hurricane Ophelia today. I have always wanted to eat at this restaurant on past trips but it has always been full. Tonight despite being fully booked, Rory found a table for me.

The food is delicious. From salad to steak to potato to desert.

In addition the staff are all very attentive and friendly.

I will certainly be back - with reservations next time.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Had a very serious Business Dinner in this restaurant. The range of Irish steaks, their wine selection, side dishes, starters like oysters, and the atmosphere just simply knocked me out. Plan to visit them each time I’ll travel to Dublin.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Been here for dinner and we found the best steak house we could ask for... seriously brilliant meal and good service... the restaurant is in the town centre, not hard to find it... Give it a try