“Outstanding Customer Service and Tasty Asian Fusion Menu”
Review of East Restaurant

East Restaurant
Ranked #568 of 2,857 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We went twice during our visit to Dublin and the wait staff was so lovely to our son, who was very loud. We ordered a variety of dishes and liked them all. The BBQ porkbelly, green curry, and lamb tagine were all standouts with complex and tasty flavors. We would recommend this place!

Dear lkd358,

Thank you for this wonderful review, it is fantastic to know that you had such an enjoyable evening in our East restaurant. Thank you for also mentioning our team members, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Our Asian fusion inspired menu has plenty to choose from and I am so glad that our kitchen team were able to deliver such high quality dishes on this occasion. I will send your compliments to our Head Chef.

On your next visit you should check out some of our amazing mid-week deals including wine’d down Wednesday’s which includes a complimentary glass of wine with our ‘Sundown’ set menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We first tried this restaurant in February with some friends after recently moving to the area. We are all huge fans of Thai, Chinese & Japanese cuisine so were really excited to try. We absolutely loved our first visit, we had a pad Thai, a red Thai curry & a massaman beef dish that we're all excellent. Very fresh, complex authentic flavours, but still light & just wonderful. We visited for the second time with my mother-in-law in May on our recommendation and received totally different dishes. We ordered the pad Thai again, and a honey duck dish. The pad Thai curiously arrived in a sweet, thick, sugary, dark red sauce - very, very different from how it had been served previously. It tasted like a cheap Chinese takeaway. My mother in law & husband (and he eats everything!) couldn't eat it. The duck was deep fried in a dense batter, then sliced and served on bland rice, with a sauce that just tasted of vinegar. No seasoning on the duck or rice & it just tasted of oil. Very, VERY disappointing. My mother in law was left hungry after the meal. Such a shame. We enquired with the waitress (who was lovely - the service is very good still,) as to whether they had a new chef, and she said not but that their usual chef was on holiday. I can only hope that this was a one off and that it will return to the previous standard, as we so enjoyed it the first time.

Dear ToZionLH,

Thank you for reviewing our East restaurant and for bringing the following to my attention. It is unfortunate that we were not able to deliver the same standard of service on your second visit. I will be investigating the situation further and your comments will be passed on to our team members in order to make improvements.
However, I am pleased to know that our waiting team were able to leave a positive impact on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with an outstanding dining experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Here for work lunch for a few times. Not mad about their dishes at all. If you are not an Asian yeah probably but I am and I cook these dishes day in, day out so understandably, my standards are fair albeit high.

Had a stir fried beef and nothing I would recommend. Had other dishes in the past, same rate - 6 out of 10! For the price they are selling their dishes for, I don't think this is a good place to eat.

Also, please don't say thai jasmine rice when what you are serving are long grain! You are lying to yourselves, if not, then you don't know exactly what you have......

Dear sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our East restaurant. I am disappointed to read that our Asian dishes were not up to the standard you had expected, I will be passing your comments on to our chefs so that they can improve on reaching guest expectations.

We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future in which we can restore your faith in us. If you wish to dine in East again, please contact myself and we will be sure to improve your visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We loved our meal here. Shared the Prawn appetizer and the fried rice with chicken and prawns entree. Plenty of food for 2. Save room for the berry and apple cobbler - yum! The tables next to use ordered individual meals and they were very large portions - didn't see anybody finish them.

Dear 4Schus,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review. I am so pleased that you had such a positive dining experience with us in East.

Our extensive Asian fusion inspired menu has plenty of options to choose from with something to suit everyone’s taste. On your next visit you should order our ‘East
Sambal Prawn” as it is a personal favourite and perfect for those wanting to try something a little different.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This place has a great look and decor. The menu looks interesting but the actual food is only OK. It is also very expensive and given the average food, I have to say I would not return.

Dear Lorelei M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am disappointed to read that we could not exceed your expectations on this occasion and that our dishes were not up to your standard.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future, as we would be delighted to welcome you back and provide you with a positive dining experience.