“CLASSY, FRIENDLY AND DELICIOUS”

Il Posto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 23 - USD 68
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il Posto is a relaxed and modern Italian Mediterranean Restaurant on Dublin's St. Stephen's Green. The restaurant's appeal lies in it's natural warmth and charm, offering regulars and newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Milan or Rome. Il Posto offers an intimate and elegant setting with an informal family atmosphere, sumptuous food and excellent service
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My team wanted to go for a business lunch on Friday to celebrate an award and the first place I thought of was Il Posto on Stephens Green. There were 13 of us going for a late lunch. I have been here on a good few occasions over the years for lunch, early bird and dinner and it never fails so I felt confident in recommending same.

We arrived in at 2:30 pm on a cold Friday evening and as always, were given a warm welcome. Corn bread was put on the table with olive oil. It was so soft and warm and delicious. I ordered a bruschetta for my starter which was mushroom, tomato and rocket. The bread was lovely and crusty and the mushrooms cooked to perfection to bring out their succulent juices. Everyone else at the table loved their starters too. For main course, I ordered pasta with roast vegetable, which came down piping hot with a lovely variety of vegetables and just the right amount of oil. My colleagues were all delighted with their main courses. Many had dessert and coffees and we all had wine with the meal.

We didn't leave until 5.00 pm. Fantastic lunch in a beautiful restaurant that looks out onto Stephen's Green. Its definitely fine dining at mid range prices with lovely staff. I will always return. Highly highly recommended.

1  Thank Susan C

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Il Posto was our port of call for a recent family celebration and it proved to be the very epitome of classic Italian cooking and comfort.

We arrived early in the evening and were easily accomodated without reservations. Initially there were only a handful of other diners and we felt the room temperature was slightly on the cool side ( not aided by occassional cold blasts of winter wind from the entrance door ) but soon enough most of the tables were occupied which warmed things up nicely.

Service was efficient, attentive and friendly as we ordered from the tempting menu. All the staples you would expect are here and we sampled a fairly wide selection. Everything was delicious but I would single out the sharing board and its generous array of prosciutto, salami and mozzarella. Likewise the linguine, risotto and the fried seabass.

There's a good enthusiastic atmosphere here, perhaps too much at times as two ladies behind us worked their way with gusto through a bottle of wine each. Never mind, some of their conversation was entertaining! All in all we had a most enjoyable meal and are looking forward to returning.

1  Thank AchillHiker
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Had the early bird menu here recently. Limited choice but very reasonably priced. I doubt if one would get a two course meal as good as this for 23 euro in Dublin. Welcoming and pleasant staff and ideal place to go before a Show.

1  Thank MOCKerry
Reviewed 13 February 2018

A pretty Italian style restaurant serving good quality food. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating with our many dietary restrictions and changed recipes for allergies. Did not rush us, as we had a late reservation, we closed the place and even then we felt that they would just wait for us. Everything was really delicious. Was not as quiet as we had hoped, but not too bad. They only serve wine and 2 Italian beers.

1  Thank nycfussy
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I find this to be one of my favourite restaurants. It is small, cosy, service is unassuming and the food very good. Good place for a quiet business lunch.

1  Thank maweb31