“Delicious”

Il Posto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 2,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: USD 23 - USD 69
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Il Posto is a relaxed and modern Italian Mediterranean Restaurant on Dublin's St. Stephen's Green. The restaurant's appeal lies in it's natural warmth and charm, offering regulars and newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Milan or Rome. Il Posto offers an intimate and elegant setting with an informal family atmosphere, sumptuous food and excellent service
Reviewed 13 February 2018

A pretty Italian style restaurant serving good quality food. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating with our many dietary restrictions and changed recipes for allergies. Did not rush us, as we had a late reservation, we closed the place and even then we felt that they would just wait for us. Everything was really delicious. Was not as quiet as we had hoped, but not too bad. They only serve wine and 2 Italian beers.

1  Thank nycfussy

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I find this to be one of my favourite restaurants. It is small, cosy, service is unassuming and the food very good. Good place for a quiet business lunch.

1  Thank maweb31
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Having come to the city centre after a return rail trip to Cork, was meeting family before heading to the theatre last night. Hopped down the steps, loved the candles, the decor and asked if we could snag a table for a quick pre theatre dinner and drinks. I had starter of prosciutto and rocket. Followed by lovely main of chicken masala freshly cooked. My companions enjoyed their Chianti while I rounded off with 2 machiatos. Lovely sojourn, great staff, prompt and welcoming service in the best location for Gaiety and surrounding quarters

2  Thank LavenderHills
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I appreciate that restaurants are under huge pressure over December and the Christmas period to facilitate diners and groups of people who want to celebrate the festive season. 4 of up booked Il Posto for early bird in the week coming up to Christmas. We have eaten in this restaurant before and thought it was ideal for a catch up. I cannot describe this as an Italian restaurant in the true sense. Italian red wine cold upon arriving at table. Soup bland, salad lacking flavor, sea trout, lambs liver, chicken bland. Deserts all made earlier and ready for next ‘batch ‘ of diners.

Such a pity that standards have to drop just to get as many through the doors as you possibly can.

We are 4 diners who will not be returning.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I liked my main course, the wine was very good, the service was very nice too. I will come back.

1  Thank Camelia M